Home Forums General Discussion Minocycline Brochure Sheet published by ACR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

For those who may be encountering resistance from a rheumatologist or other Doctor in prescribing minocycline (brand name Minocin) to treat their RA, it may help to print off this ACR (American College of Rheumatology) endorsed brochure sheet. Whilst its endorsement of mino as a treatment option is as a DMARD (versus a drug that addresses infection), it doesn’t matter. It should just assist those whose doctors are resisting prescribing it because they don’t know about it. And that should also be the same for other countries. Many countries rheumatology approaches take their lead from the ACR.

http://www.rheumatology.org/Practice/Clinical/Patients/Medications/Minocycline_(Minocin)

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Babylove
    Participant

Thank you Lynnie for posting this! I will have my first appt with a rheumatologist in February and am expecting opposition. I will print this off and bring in with me
    Babylove

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,
    I have opened ACR website and on the first page it is written “Generic error”. How to find the brochure about minocycline?
    Thank you,
    Linda L.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Linda – that’s really odd, same thing happened to me, yet I copied the url direct from page.
    Try this – have created a tiny url from page:

http://tinyurl.com/ljsg4c8

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Anonymous
    Participant

Lynnie,
    Great! I cannot believe my eyes that they have written it. It says here that you shouldn’t take minocycline together with magnesium and iron. I am low with iron. Is it correct?
    Thank you.
    Linda L.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yes because it binds with those minerals making mino ineffective. Take those minerals or food containing those minerals well away from it. Info about this anywhere on net re tetracycline drugs.

Be well! Lynnie

Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.