Home Forums General Discussion Minocycline Brand

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aboyer
    Participant

I just got a new script for minocycline 50mg. The pharmacy that I use has the torrent brand. Not sure which brand to use. They told me they could order any brand I want. What is the best brand of mino to use?

Diagnosed with severe RA 12 years ago
    Tested positive for M. pneumoniae and C. pneumoniae

Current meds: Kineret 100mg, doxycycline 50mg, cbd oil, and celebrex

Supplements: fish oil, vitamin b12, folate, b6, iron, selenium, zinc, vitamin c, and biotin

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi aboyer
    There has been a great deal of discussion on this topic over the last several months.

Given the exorbitant price of Minocin now (the US brand of minocycline) most people in the US are having to take generic forms of minocycline – except if they order from Canadian online pharmacies where some other brands not available in the US are generally on offer. I’m sure some people will chime in here. But you might also like to take a look at much of the previous discussions. Suggest you type something like generic minocycline into the search box at top right of the first page of General Discussion (where all topics are listed and then click search. A lot of previous posts will then come up and many of them are very recent. 🙂

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

My non-scientific, non-doctor, only fellow-patient opinion is that there is no one “best brand.” I have only ever taken a generic which my insurance will pay for. The brand name is unaffordable for me. I first took the TEVA brand which I think is now made by Zydus. But am now taking the Actavis brand (now owned by TEVA). Anyhow, I’ve done well on both. The only one I did not do well on is the Ranbaxy brand. Of course, many people on here are just the opposite…we are all different. I would ask your doctor which brand or generic they prefer you take. That way they can specify it on the prescription.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

jasregadoo

I agree with whaleharbor…everyone is different. I take the Torrent brand (formerly Ranbaxy) and do well on it. I did not do as well on Actavis (formerly Watson), and I did worst of all on Aurobindo. So it’s hard to tell from what others say, as we are all different and likely react to the fillers that are in the generics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.