Home Forums General Discussion minocycline and plaquinil

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Hi Ladies,

“Ladies”,That may be a stretch after reading this thread:shock:but hey you asked. I just happen to teach first aid and sorry to burst your bubble but burning the heck out of the little ticks behind with a hot poker isn't quite the way its done:doh:

Maz, my lyme twinnie has it right. Take a tweezers and for this group, yes, pull it's tiny body out piece by piece:angry::angry: until the entire body, head and all is removed. Then wash the area very good with soap and water and if you want cover with a  triple antibiotic ointment. And don't forget to save the little stinker for testing:sick:

Happy days!

Patti

KAnderson
    Participant

Patti 😀 you made me laugh picturing me with a poker on its bum!!! OK lesson learned now.

K

JBJBJB
    Participant

Hi

I no longer take plaquenil. It's been third week I have not taken plaquenil. I have been having some pain in my shoulder joints and hands since this past Sunday.

Starting from June, I began to take only 200 mg plaquenil each day. After a month, I started to take 200 mg every other day. Now I am completely out. I figure it took 50 days for plaquenil completely out of my system. I am expecting more temporary pain.

Hopefully minocyclin works better to eliminate mycoplasma without plaquenil interference.

JB 

Parisa
    Participant

JB,

As far as I know, plaquenil isn't going to run interference with the minocycline and depress your immune system like prednisone or the chemo drugs.  It's basically an antimalarial and Lyme doctors use it as a cyst buster to break up forms of the bacteria that the doxy doesn't always hit.  That said, my husband has been on it for over a year now and he's making alot of progress on Flagyl which is also touted as a cyst buster.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Very interesting!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ minocycline and plaquinil’ is closed to new replies.