Home Forums General Discussion Minocyclene breast health

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/15/11/2102

I have always been interested in how minocyclene affects breast health. It seems usually I am satisfied with learning it has a lot of mechanisms that seem to help. But I found this last night and was not overjoyed. If this interests you, please read and give me your opinion.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Spiffy,

I recall my first LLMD talking about this in the year of that study (2006) and he had some interesting things to say, but bottom line being that “correlation doesn’t imply causation.” The authors of that study also state the following:

Although causality cannot be ruled out, the observed associations of antibiotics overall, tetracyclines, and macrolides with breast cancer were weak and could be explained by uncontrolled confounding by the diseases being treated or by other factors. (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2006;15(11):2102–6)

In other words, the authors couldn’t conclusively state that it was the antibiotics causing cancer or the infections they were being used for to treat.

On the flip side, if you go to pubmed.com, you’ll find plenty of research tying various cancers to infections. Mycoplasma to breast cancer, H. Pylori to stomach cancer, HPV to cervical cancer. In fact, tetracyclines actually have some angiogenesis inhibition properties, which limit new blood vessel formation that feeds tumors.

Mycoplasmal lipoprotein p37 binds human protein HER2. Microbiol Res. 2016 Nov;192:253-9. doi: 10.1016/j.micres.2016.08.003. Epub 2016 Aug 3

Mycoplasma infections and different human carcinomas. World J Gastroenterol. 2001 Apr;7(2):266-9.

Antibiotics that target mitochondria effectively eradicate cancer stem cells, across multiple tumor types: treating cancer like an infectious disease. Oncotarget. 2015 Mar 10;6(7):4569-84.

This is not to say that antibiotics may not cause overgrowth of other microbes or flora (e.g., Candida) that are inflammatory and may provide the terrain for cancer to grow, especially if inadequate probiotics aren’t used…but this could be said of cortisone or immune-suppressant therapies, as well, that may promote cancers by blocking the body’s natural abilities to sense abnormal cell growth and fight cancer.

Although the jury is out on this one, the weight of more recent scientific evidence seems counter to the 2006 study.

Please don’t take my word for it, though….loads more research on pubmed.com and there have been past discussions on this forum on the topic.

Spiffy1

Thank you, Maz! Yes, it seems like there is more going for breast health then against it with minocyclene. I was just sad that the tetras were one of the two listed as being possibly problematic. But then I read all the other ones and feel relieved. I just don’t need any strikes against me because of our vast family history! Thanks again!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Lynne G.SD
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

Spiffy, I get it – my Mum died from aggressive breast cancer, but I’ve been reassured by regular screenings and antioxidative supps directed at prevention. Rheumatics are at increased risk for various cancers and you are just being sensible to research and consider options for yourself.

There is also an amazing Chinese herb that has been studied for various cancers, including breast cancer, that is worth researching. You might know of it already, but happy to PM you, if interested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.