Home Forums General Discussion Minocin readily available

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    richie
    Participant

Minocin brand is available and really was never in short supply –as I have pointed out previously – its an economic decision that many of the large chains have made to not fill prescriptions for the brand –Small pharmacists want to satisfy their customers and make the effort to obtain the brand –just reordered my three month supply –my druggist got it in the next morning to fill my RX

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Richie~

I just got a text from Jess saying she has been without minocin fir 2-3 months because Walgreens can’t get it (contrary to the article saying Walgeeens had a deal with the manufacturer). So I read you post and she will attempt to have the RX transferred to a local pharmacy. We have an RX for generic, but she has tried that before and had a regression, don’t want to fool around with it if we can get the brand. Although she is doing ok without anything at this point.

redrock
    Participant

Sorry, are we talking about BRAND Minocin? Where is it available and what is the cost, please? Generic does not work for me.

richie
    Participant

Yes –that is the brand minocin —fortunately my insurance still covers the cost —the retail price now is about 38–42 per capsule !!!!

Angelina
    Participant

My insurance company made an exception again this year and covered Minocin, the brand name (pelletized). I had to pay about $1300. for 60 pills until I went into the donut hole with medicare. I am now out of the donut hole and paid $120. per 60 pills. because I’m in what is called “catastrophic” coverage. However, minocin is not readily available in RI. When I tried a few months ago at Walgreens, I was told their supplier did not have it and did not know when it would be available. I contacted every pharmacy in RI including chains and independent ones and some in MA but no one could get it except CVS because their supplier had it in stock. I’ve had 5 prescriptions filled, but this morning I went to have it refilled again and CVS said they ordered it but it is on back order. CVS looked to see when it would be available, but found out there is no availability date. My last bottle came in the original container from Onset (even though Valeant is the manufacturer now). Expiration date was 10/2017. I’ve tried generics — they do not work for me. I’m wondering if pelletized brand name is not going to be manufactured any longer. I will call around some more, but I’m not very hopeful.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Angelina,

Which generics have you tried?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

redrock
    Participant

Hi, are you talking to me? I have tried Teva and my numbers went back to pre-Minocin levels 1:1260. My doctor switched me to generic doxycycline. If I don’t see improvement I will have to do something drastic like go to Canada to get brand Mino.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Redrock;
    We do not have any brand name minocin in Canada but generic is good and I can retain my remission with it

redrock
    Participant

Lynne, Teva, which I buy in US, does not work for me and I’m wondering if it’s worth it for me to try a Canadian brand. What is the manufacturer?

richie
    Participant

HI I have spoken about this many times –its an economic decision that these drugstores dont want to get minocin –I have never had any problem with my drugstore because we do all our business there and he accomodates me —Calling around to pharmacies usually isnt productive because a pharmacy has to spend about 7000 for 180 capsules which is my 3 month supply to only make about $ 70–90–

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.