Home Forums General Discussion Minocin from Canada

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    Participant

I just got off the phone from Buy low Drugs, to refill my prescription. She told me that they no longer make 100mg. of minocin in Canada, but do the 50mg. So we agreed on that, I figure that maybe I can take a couple extra during the week, and see how it goes, I’m on a MWF schedule of 100mg. BUT also tomorrow “Canada’s mail service is going on strike” and it will now take four weeks, they think, to get it to me. Great, I should have called a couple of days earlier. I have about four weeks supply left so maybe it will work out.

CharlottePercy
    Participant

Hi Rose,

Are you expecting to get the pelletized form of minocin? (Stiefel makes it in Canada)

I was wondering because I am having a terrible time to find it and have struck out 3 times with other pharmacies in Canada.
    🙁

Thanks,
    Charlotte

Rose
    Participant

Charlotte, I have no idea. Forgot to ask. Thought of it later but decided against calling them back. I did ask them about heat, but she said it should be all right. After all the hold up will be in Canada, and I think they are in BC which should be cooler, then here on the East coast of the states.

A Friend
    Participant

@Rose wrote:

I just got off the phone from Buy low Drugs, to refill my prescription. She told me that they no longer make 100mg. of minocin in Canada, but do the 50mg. So we agreed on that, I figure that maybe I can take a couple extra during the week, and see how it goes, I’m on a MWF schedule of 100mg. BUT also tomorrow “Canada’s mail service is going on strike” and it will now take four weeks, they think, to get it to me. Great, I should have called a couple of days earlier. I have about four weeks supply left so maybe it will work out.

Hello Rose,
    The last time I ordered from them, I learned about them only having the 50 mg. They suggested that I order two bottles of the 50 mg (and take two of these 50’s), since the bottle of the 100 mg is not available; and the cost for the two bottles was the same as if I had ordered the 100 mg I usually get. My schedule for AP for a long time now is to take 100 mg on MWF. (When I began AP years ago, I took 100 mg of the brand, morning and evening, on M-W-F; this worked well for me, and now the once a day dosing also does well.)
    Wishing you well…..

Rose
    Participant

Dear Friend, Thanks for the information. I received an email from them this morning explaining that they were going to ship two bottles of the 100 count 50mg Minocin. The price they quoted for the two together was I think 50 cents cheaper then before.

CharlottePercy
    Participant

@Rose wrote:

Charlotte, I have no idea. Forgot to ask. Thought of it later but decided against calling them back. I did ask them about heat, but she said it should be all right. After all the hold up will be in Canada, and I think they are in BC which should be cooler, then here on the East coast of the states.

Hi Rose,

I called and they say the brand name is the pelletized Stiefel brand, so I am happy to find it. Thanks for the lead.

Charlotte

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.