Home Forums General Discussion Minocin expiration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CMS12
    Participant

Hi All – I have been able to get Minocin through Express Scripts on Medicare Part D with my doctor’s help. He told them only Minocin worked for me so they filled it. It still costs me $190 per script. I get a script refill of 180 every three months. However, I don’t use it that much. I have RA and only take MWF 100 mg. X 2. Right now I have 360 capsules which would last me 60 weeks. I have one more refill available in December which if I fill would save me a lot of money. The cost of 180 Minocin is actually $7,000 and would put me in the Medicare “donut hole” having to pay a good part of that myself. However, filling again in December would give me enough Minocin for nearly two years. I am aware of the problems with taking Minocycline after expiration. I’m just wondering if anyone thinks it might still be good for two years? I store it in a dark and dry kitchen pantry.

Thanks for your input. Cindy.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cindy,

Ask the pharmacy if they could fill your prescription by giving you the sealed bottles as they come from the manufacturer. The bottles will have expiration dates on them that are usually about two years in the future, and by having the bottles you’ll be able see what the true expiration date is.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.