Home Forums General Discussion Minocin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    Participant

Has this happened to anyone else? Since I’ve been on name brand Minocin for 7 years and could no longer obtain it through my pharmacy in Canada, and finding out it would cost a fortune in co-pay here in the states, I had to go to Minocycline which is Watson brand that has been recommended here on the roadback.

Now after a week and a half on minocycline taking it only three days a week MWF I have a major yeast infection. So I’ started taking Nystatin. and so far it hasn’t helped. I use to take occasionally Diflucan, but somehow developed an allergy to it and would get these welts on my skin. But haven’t had to worry about a yeast infection for over a year, until now. I do take two different kinds of probiotic. Any suggestions?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rose,

If I were in your situation, I would tell my doctor that the nystatin isn’t working and that I’d like to try Sporanox. Hopefully, the Sporanox will work for you. After you are off the antifungal, consider adding Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS (Jarrow Formulas brand) to the probiotics that you are already taking. Saccharomyces boulardii is a species of “friendly” yeast. It’s a good probiotic to take because it should be resistant to most antibiotics.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Rose
    Participant

Hi Phil, Thanks for giving me the information, I’m not a happy camper, everything was going along very nicely for several years. I still don’t know why the generic would cause this yeast infection and not the brand name though. I plan to finish out the week with 500mg daily of Nystatin to give it a chance, then go to the doctor if things aren’t greatly improved. Will look up the Sporanox on the web so I can be ready to discuss it with the doctor. Thanks again Rose

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.