Home Forums General Discussion Mino does not work?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

I have tried I’m last two years so many antibiotics and nothing is working for my chronic reactive arthritis

Cipro, doxy, azithro, Flagyl and minocycline.

Mino this would be my 19 day on it and has done nothing. No change in urinary symptoms, prostte, joint, rib cage, tootache, chest, upper back stiffness, spine pain

Nothing…

What to do now?

jasregadoo

I don’t know about Minocycline for prostate, urinary, etc, but for joint pain, I know that 19 days is not nearly long enough. This is a slow treatment, and most people feel worse before they feel better. For me, I started feeling better about 3 months in. That’s STARTED feeling better. I’m a bit over a year in, and still not 100 percent back to before all of this started. Are you working with an AP doctor? They should be able to work with you and help you understand the timing and process. Best to you, hang in there.

richie
    Participant

Firstly minocycline is not a miracle drug –I would suggest you lower your expectations and try some patience -this is a long haul —toothache –urinary -back pain etc –minocycline in the short term will do nothing —think you need a dentist to address toothache and sounds like an NSAID is in order for your varied pains –the key word is patience –

PhilC
    Participant

What often happens when people first start taking minocycline is that they initially feel better (like in your case). However, after a week or two (or three), their immune systems “wake up” (notice all the sick and dying bacteria) and they experience increased pain and inflammation due to die-off reactions. Gradually, as the antibiotic(s) and cells of the immune system reduce the numbers of bacteria, they begin feeling better. Unfortunately, it tends to be a slow process, so patience is required. That’s also why supplementing antibiotic therapy with one or more anti-inflammatory agents is important — they help to “keep a lid” on the inflammation while one is waiting for the antibiotic therapy to do its job.

You’ve been on mino for 19 days? That means you recently entered the period during which symptoms often worsen because of die-off reactions.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

i don’t know guys. My arthritis symptoms are the same nothing has change in painlevel. The spine pain continues to progress. I’m not sure if mino will be able to completely hault the progression.

As for UTI , and other prostate symptoms I don’t think mino is the call. I would have notice some sort of difference – which I was taking in the first place.

What to do until mino works or may not work while my body attacks the spine?

19 days would some how allow me to determine if it would work for the prostate. I feel no difference in this subject. As for arthritis I’m sure it would work and perhaps take long time but what to do until your body attacks your spine / joint?

Wouldn’t Doxy be much safer bet?

As for the toot pain I have seen my dentist and he can’t find anything wrong.

Would inflammation cause tooth pain?

jasregadoo

I don’t know if inflammation per se can cause tooth pain. I do know that I had tooth pain when I first was struck by RA. Maybe the inflammation hits your mouth somehow, or maybe just being in pain everywhere causes you to clench your teeth too tightly. I had to use a bite guard while I slept, which helped.

Robert
    Participant

Hi Guys, i have been away for a while researching endlessly , however think i have an answer for you all, anyway here it is like it or Not and if they are any drug company spies in here also well too bad, i dont give a monkeys about you clowns.. firstly.we are all contaminated with germs, bugs,whatever you want to call them Full stop,,just got to add this first,,, does anyone know any doctor who has an autoimmune disease, i could find None!. would be glad to hear of one if any of you know of one,, it will be the first. anyway as i said we are all contaminated, cold war ring a bell to any of you, the Americans started it, the russians returned the favour, well done the Russians, was originally called brucelossis after an army captain,, was genetically engineered for germ warfare,, Americans and russians probably Chinese and others also have underground stockpiles of it too anyway forget that, answer is forget all the nonsense about pills, nsaids and the like, or pro-biotics, total nonsense they are, useless rubbish created by clowns for money, multi vitamins, vitamin d3, incidentally vitamin d3 is not a vitamin , its a hormone, testestorone is also a infection fighting cell, we need it too,, dhea is another one, so advise you get all levels checked out asap. Then hit the germ hard,, doxycycline, azthromycin, in combination, pulse both with flagyl every few months once yous can take doxy and azthro, ,,,your hair, its where the little beasts lay there eggs,, head, eybroys, arm pits, legs, genitals, so find a good agent to cleanse or cut it off,, dont worry it will grow back…if your serious and level headed and believe you are contaminated then do it and watch your body returning to normal like mine… no such thing as autoimmune disease, all created by clowns called drug companies and the like…also 60% of us are contaminated by school age, 90% by aged 70,,asssuming you get to that age, oh the other 10% thats not contaminated,, well will let you work that one out yourselves, shouldnt be difficult… anyway this will do for now.. good luck

RBFV Edit: This is a reminder that the personal opinions of posters on this open forum do not reflect those of this foundation. This post has been edited to remove racial descriptors that may be offensive to the international rheumatic community and replaced with the nationalities referenced by this poster (in bold text). Should posts by this forum user include any inflammatory material in future, these will be deleted by RBFV without further notice.

Spiffy

I am glad I re read the part about hair. At first I thought you were saying to cut off everything and they would grow back. I definitely got a good chuckle this morning. However, there are physicians with autoimmune problems. No one is immune…no pun intended.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

lemons
    Participant

Robert,

What are eybroys ? You have me a little concerned as I don’t have any eybroys. Should I have eybroys ? If I don’t have eybroys, does that mean the beasts that you describe, cannot lay there ( their ) eggs in the eybroys ?

Is anyone one else on this forum lacking eybroys too ? Please let me know that I am not alone.

Robert
    Participant

yes spiffy, indeed,,,,well name one doctor who has an auto immune disease,,certainly none in the uk or australia that i know of so your talking nonsense, i note the concoction you take,, maybe your a drug company spy ah,,,no offence,,just you keep taking ya medicine ,,you be fine hey.lol oh yes lemon, eybroys,,,,should have spelled it eybrows,,,,what a lemon i am.lol…..

Robert
    Participant

oh meant to ask you lemons,,,,,who gave you minocycline for a whole year in the UK?,,,just as a matter of interest thats all. must of had an infection then ah?… oh and its eyebrows hey lemons,,got them have ya ah,,, must be my eybroys gettin in me eys again,,wat u think. lol

lemons
    Participant

Maybe they need a trim, might get rid of the beasts you mentioned……

Also, you maybe surprised to learn that a very famous surgeon Dr Christiaan Barnard, who performed the worlds first heart transplant, suffered from rheumatoid arthritis. He was forced to retire early due to the damage in his hands.

lemons
    Participant

Robert,

If you ask one of the moderators on this forum , I am sure they will pass on a list of Doctors that will help you, if you require AP.

Yes, I do believe I did have a bacterial infection. Most people on here don’t believe the body attacks itself for no reason, that’s the whole ethos of the Road Back foundation. No one will argue with you on that one.

I

Robert
    Participant

your right lemons i remember barnards pioneering work,,well done to him, and i know what was called rhematoid. arthritis at that time,,maybe if he had met or seeked out Dr.Brown things would of been diffrent, am sure they would…no computers in those days,,,not many if any support groups either hey..anyway glad you believe it was an infection that caused your r.a. like symptoms, i am certain it was too. we dont suddenly attack ourselves for no reason,,inflammation is your bodys first line of defence and it will continue to attack the foreign body until it is expelled, unfortunately it cant do much about that creature from the past, it was that that wiped out the dinasaurs too you know,, confirmed by a palientologist, i always suspected that,, well i got news for it, i smashed the lot ,,rheumatoid, diabetes type 2, osteoarthritis, atopic dermatitis, carpal tunnel, and acne too, yes it causes the lot of them … thank the americans for that one, genetic engineering i mean, and its true it has been confirmed by an ex soldier whistle blower..and i would like to know what moderator wrote that at the end of my post,,whats the matter does the truth hurt,,are you a yank i mean american, maybe a drug company spy?, not sure,,lots of them infiltrating organisations like this one you know. anyway lemons there you are , the truth is out there..oh the latest research, as well as a direct cause of heart attacks and strokes it has now been upgraded to include Lung Cancer..will leave it with yous to work out which beast or germ if you like,,,i gave yous the answer up to yous if yous want to heed or not.. tc all.

RBFV Edit: This is a reminder that the personal opinions of posters on this open forum do not reflect those of this foundation. This post has been edited to remove racial descriptors that may be offensive to the international rheumatic community and replaced with the nationalities referenced by this poster (in bold text). Should posts by this forum user include any inflammatory material in future, these will be deleted by RBFV without further notice.

Spiffy

Crazy as this is. I think we are all on the same team.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.