Home Forums General Discussion Microbiome

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

My Grandpa was a Mason & just read on Arthritis Research UK, that the Masons have donated money to fund research into microbiome being connected to triggering the onset of RA.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I found the article. Here is the link http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/news/press-releases/2017/february/masonic-charitable-foundation-awards-grant-to-microbiome-research.aspx Thank you for sharing. Very interesting!

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Interesting!
    There is a lot of new research into the microbiome and RA. Plus some interesting results and studies on fecal transplants:

Controversially, Professor Borody believes the gut is the gateway for toxins to enter the body, triggering an array of seemingly unrelated diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson’s and autism.He says he has been surprised many times when diseases far from the gut have eased or vanished following faecal microbiota transplantations.

“We’ve had a young person with rheumatoid arthritis and it went away. It was classic rheumatoid factor positive RA,” he said.

see 2014 article here

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

As an additional point of interest (slightly different but connected to the whole microbiome topic), I’ve been having weekly acupuncture treatment for the last 8 months (a very highly regraded practitioner) and he has been focusing on improving my overall immune system (specifically microbiome).

I’d had good results from some IV Clindamycin and from getting my hormones sorted out in terms of my joints, but was still feeling overall unwell with ongoing fatigue, night sweats and some gut issues after a 2nd bout of swine flu. I’d also had Bartonella Quintana picked up as IgG and HHV6 as IgM on testing (my Doc says almost certainly re-activated rather than recent infection). Thought it was now time to look at some options to address my immune system overall and I chose this guy after recommendation from a couple of different sources. I realised this would be a longish road and not to expect too much too soon. And I didn’t notice much difference for the first 8 to 10 weeks and then (interestingly) had a couple of mild herx-like responses (migrating pain in large joints). From around the 4 month mark, I’ve felt increasingly better and better in my overall wellbeing.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

This is really interesting news! Thanks for sharing it, Lemons, and also adding the link, Whaleharbor. Finally, there will be some research looking at the whole rheumatic picture! Let’s hope whatever treatments may come of this study will be ones that help to rebalance the microbiome rather than used as a vehicle to block an expected response to what has been thrust into imbalance by a wonky microbiome. Let’s also hope that the study doesn’t take a decade to produce results or that any enlightening results aren’t blown into the plenum of lost information.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.