Home Forums General Discussion mercury dental fillings and detox

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Silvia
    Participant

Hi everyone:

in my search for an effective treatment for my RA, I first came across people who had remarkable recoveries by having their dental mercury fillings removed.  I looked up any research on this, and there is evidence that mercury can affect the immune system.  I then proceeded to have my mercury fillings removed, with no beneficial effect on my RA.  from what I've read, you need to get the accumulated mercury that is in the tissues moved to the bloodstream/gut to be eliminated.  This can be done by IV chelation, which I'm reluctant to do, especially at the same time as AP (I will be starting IV clinda hopefully next week)  Does anyone have any information on oral chelation for mercury? 

best wishes to everyone,  Silvia.

Donna RA
    Participant

Hi Sylvia,

I began IV chelation about 1 month ago.  I also had mercury fillings removed, without noticeable effects on my RA.  When I was tested for heavy metals mercury does not show up, but the Dr says that it could be that I am a “non-secretor”, which has me somewhat confused.  I understand that it's difficult to remove mercury from your tissues, but can be done.  I have read that chorella is a good supplement to assist in removing mercury. My Dr believes in starting first on IV chelation, then possilbly use the oral route once my initial course is complete. The IV method cleans up alot of debree in the blood, so I figure it won't hurt.  The oral method crosses the blood-brain barrier, which would seem to be quite effective.  I am doing chelation in conjunction with AP.  Good luck in what you choose.

Donna RA

Silvia
    Participant

Hi Donna:

thanks for your reply.  From what my dentist says IV chelation is the fastest and most effective method of removing the mercury from the tissues, so it can be excreted.  I've also read all sorts of negative things about mobilizing the mercury, which can cause side effects during the process, IV or oral.  I had one appointment with an MD who does chelation and he was more interested in starting me on IV hydrogen peroxide, which according to him is the best way of treating RA and killing the mycoplasma.  I looked this up in the scientific literature and could not find any studies done to validate this.  In addition he wanted to start me on about 10 treatments, work up to about 30 (at $135 each!!).   So my trust in him is a little shaky at best.  I think I will find a naturopath in my area that can guide me through the oral chelation treatment.  My dentist gave me chlorella prior to removal of the amalgams, so I agree with you, it's one of the better oral chelation agents.  I've never heard of the 'non secretor' concept with mercury, only that it goes deep in the tissues over time, so quantitative tests don't pick it up, they only pick up acute mercury poisoning/contamination.  all the best to you!   Silvia

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Silvia,

This is a topic that has been discussed from time to time on the old RBF Bulletin Board and possibly also this new board.  A Friend has posted a great deal information about detox in general that you might like to go over.  I recommend that you use the search function on this board and the link to the archives of the old RBF BBoard to search on terms such as “chelation” “mercury” and “detox”.  Also, if you go to A Friend's profile, you can click on “posts” and find all of her posts listed.  A Friend had frequently pulled together a good deal of information on detox methods and reasoning.

Cheryl Ferguson

A Friend
    Participant

Silvia,

I was curious to see what might be in our Old RBF BB posts.  I hardly touched the “tip of the iceberg” but will paste below some I glanced over.  Good luck with your detox education.  My new PCP (lucked out when I chose him) suggested during my first appt with him that I should use Dr. Sherry Rogers' Detox Cocktail.  If you will get a copy of her book, “Detox or Die” OR go to http://www.needs.com and get their 800 number, Needs has complementary health counselors that can furnish you documentation on such as this — I've only had one experience with them, and I was truly impressed and grateful, as Dr. Rogers' protocols had been upgraded since the book and I was able to get the latest recommendations when using this. 

Note:  I “re-found” the following posts by doing a search on the Old RBF BB using the words “heavy metals and detox” — but there are many more posts on this subject. Heavy metals includes a long list of substances that our bodies store away when it is not safe to detox them through our normal bodily detox avenues.  AF

https://www.roadback.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index2.cgi?board=Main&message=83119&mode=Current&frames=no

Regarding Ultra Clear and protective agents:
    https://www.roadback.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index2.cgi?board=Main&message=86996&mode=Current&frames=no

About our bodies not detoxing, but storing it away in our tissues:
    https://www.roadback.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index2.cgi?board=Main&message=85752&mode=Current&frames=no

Two helpful books on this subject:
    https://www.roadback.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index2.cgi?board=Main&message=84795&mode=Current&frames=no

Silvia
    Participant

thank you AF for the excellent advice, I'll definitely call the needs hotline and get the detox info.  I feel overwhelmed with all the confusing information I'm reading, and while I strongly believe that we are becoming very toxic humans, simply by virtue of living in this very contaminated world, I don't want to get so obsessed with this that it consumes me!  I feel generally quite well, with plenty of energy, my RA is very localized in my right foot mostly and I'm hoping the AP will in time take care of this.  I don't know how far to take this, I can see the potential for getting really involved in the whole detox world, where danger lurks behind everything we breathe and eat!  I still want to lead a more or less normal balanced life!  Sorry for ranting, I really appreciate everyone's help!  take care.  S.

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Silvia

I went threw all this with mercury and got very anxious, I recently told my dentist how worried I was and he said they're perfectly safe ( well he would wouldn't he).

In the past In my research it seemed it was worse to get rid of them as the vapours are breathed in during this proceedure.

I tell my grown children to not have them and make sure my grandchildren don't either.

Last night I found a homeopathy dentist not too far from me. It's expensive to have dental treatment and I will ring and ask about removel any info I will pass on.

Don't worry as I did because that made me worse.

Rosemary

A Friend
    Participant

[user=548]Silvia[/user] wrote:

…. I'll definitely call the needs hotline and get the detox info.  I feel overwhelmed with all the confusing information I'm reading, and while I strongly believe that we are becoming very toxic humans, simply by virtue of living in this very contaminated world, I don't want to get so obsessed with this that it consumes me!  I feel generally quite well, with plenty of energy, my RA is very localized in my right foot mostly and I'm hoping the AP will in time take care of this.  I don't know how far to take this, I can see the potential for getting really involved in the whole detox world, where danger lurks behind everything we breathe and eat!  I still want to lead a more or less normal balanced life!  Sorry for ranting, I really appreciate everyone's help!  take care.  S.

Silvia, you are indeed fortunate to have found this site and not to have suffered for years with this already.  Many people are not so lucky, and find it necessary to get “really involved” not only in finding a treatment that works for them, but to also undo what may have been years of damage before finding something that helps.  When people with this kind of history do find the kind of help that AP usually gives, they often are so grateful that they become regular posters/moderators-of-sorts to pass along what they have learned… remembering how bad things were before someone or something made them aware. 

Good luck to you,

AF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ mercury dental fillings and detox’ is closed to new replies.