Home Forums General Discussion Mercola Newsletter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

In his Newsletter, Dr. Mercola comments on 11 dangerous cholesterol drugs in case anyone is taking them. http://www.mercola.com  Click on Newsletter.

richie
    Participant

Hi-Another hysterical article –he doesnt address familial cholesterol which is a very common  genetic condition in which the body produces cholesterol naturally —I gave up on his newsletter about three years ago when he went of AP for treating RA

richie

Parisa
    Participant

I haven't read his article yet but I will say that I wouldn't advise anyone to take a statin blindly without looking into dietary modifications first and/or Niacin supplementation.  I saw alot of patients on the myositis boards whose condition was precipitated by taking statins.  Of course, if you have a type of high cholesterol that won't respond to diet or Niacin then you have to weigh the risk/benefit.

richie
    Participant

Hi–I do agree –one should try diet first –I even took 2000mg daily of niacin —I flushed terribly but stuck with it —after 6 months cholesterol level still at 299 !!!! –My family on one side all had a history of very high cholesterol –also I lost many cousins etc in their forties due to heart attacks —-Since taking statins about 15-20 years ago my cholesterol  level is app. 170 and the ratios are good —I do realize that many folks have muscular problems when taking statins –but if you really think of it –what medicine is without risk ????–

richie

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi,

One just has to watch that good HDL cholesterol is also high then even if the total cholesterol is high, then the heart attack risk goes right down or dissapears altogether. This is the case with me. I have high TTL cholesterol 247 but I dont have the genetic disorder. My good cholesterol is extremely high since I started taking 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil: 79! So my heart attack and other assosiated risks are virtually NIL as I have ideal ratios. Using coconut oil helps to achieve that by increasing the good cholesterol and sometimes even reducing the bad one. My sister in law has the genetic condition and I am plannign to advise her to try the coconut oil although I am not sure if it works for the cases of genetic hypercholesterolemia. Richie, did you try?

I like Dr. Mercola's bulletins/website as they give me lots of ideas and thoughts to think about, not necessarily following exactly his recommendations. If you follow him per se, you'd be a bankrupt soon, that's for sure!:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Mercola Newsletter’ is closed to new replies.