Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads lynnie_sydney:from PRA dx/mino to combo abx

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

At around week three, the severe palindromic episodes

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I had dinner with a research scientist friend who told me that the serious bout of pneumonia I had at age 13 was likely to have been CPn, that there would have been no antibiotics back then capable of treating

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

In mid August (winter here) I noticed the rheumatoid finger feelings returning. I have been feeling for some time that the regime I am on (3 abx in very small doses just twice a week) is not sufficiently “covering” me. 2 weeks ago I also had a palindromic attack like 20 years ago. Searing just-shoot-me pain starting in the nerve running from the pubic bone and subsequently affecting the entire pelvic girdle. Too painful to lie down so no sleep. Then 24 hours later it jumped into my right palm, hand went into a claw and every finger swelled up like balloons. 24 hours after that, it jumped to my right knee then, after 4 days, just went as if never there. After a long phone consultation with my doc, I told her I didnt think that I was sufficiently covered, that as my liver results had just come back all aok in normal range, I’d like to up the frequency and dose – and that I cannot get to see her before next Feb but absolutely didnt want to wait that long. She agreed to up to 3 days p.w. – and up the roxithromycin to 1/2 tab and suggested adding another 2 meds – clarithromycin (Klacid brand name) and Fungilin in lozenge form to attack the L-Forms as well as being an anti-fungal (we thought candida may be an issue in lower bowel). With Fungilin in lozenge form (sucked until it dissolves) the liver is spared from having to do much in the way of breakdown work.

Since being on this tri-weekly regime, the daily rheumatoid aches and pains in the fingers have gone. I think I may have had minor herxing (minor transient aches and pains). And we’ll wait and see re the palindromic issues. My “gut” tells me we’re on the right track because I’d had the feeling that the regime I was on was not halting progression and that seems to have changed. Doc also mentioned that swine flu (in very mild form such as people are not even aware that they have it) changes dramatically the body’s response to abx. Given that I had 2 almost consecutive bouts of a very mild flu in late July, I’m wondering whether this may have happened for me.

Be well! Lynnie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Have not been doing so well since mid Jan this year. Overextended myself with a house move then helped with packing up another very large house on acreage for a friend whose husbane was killed. General feelings of malaise became a daily symptom once the adrenalin had gone and then very painful neck and head issues and knees very sore especially at night. This was followed by return of more RA-like symptoms in fingers and a couple of joints under ball of foot in the morning (very different to the excuciating palindromic symtoms that have been my general history). Adding zith didnt help. Flew down to see both natural therapist and AP doc last week. A reactivation of CPn and Lyme were picked up plus a strain of meningococci! A couple of the abx are no longer working for me and the amoxycillin is now not sufficient. Also my bio-identical progesterone cream seems to be no longer working (not unusual for the cream eventually I’ve heard, as it gets stored in fat calles) so am moving to a troche. Hopefully that will improve my general mood. Now I have two new abx that are much heavier hitters in the mix (Including a broad spectrum cillin). Added the first one this week and had a day of mild herxing. Feel somewhat better. Hopefully this will help get me on top of things – as I fly overseas next week.

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.