Home Forums General Discussion Lyme testing with Igenex

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sunny22
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I have realized that all my negative Lyme tests were not done thru Igenex Lab in CA, where i had requested they be done a while back. I spent 1/2 of my life in NE and much of it in SE CT., the Cape, etc. and i visit once a year. Pulled off many ticks so there is a likelyhood that i could be infected ( I pray not!). But i need to know so I ordered the kit from Igenex and will have the labs done in early Feb.

Does anyone have advice as to which tests i should do? I will do the four main ones for $475 but i understand that there are a bunch of coinfections that you can add to be tested. Any advice on which ones? Also, i have been on AP for SD for about 6 months. Will that skew any of the results on the initial Lyme test (Iam on mino)? Thanks all. I am so appreciative of your help/ guidance. Sunny

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Sunny,

I am so interested to hear what responses you get as I too lived in NH for years. I don’t recall pulling off ticks but I hear that means nothing. I was told by someone (cannot remember who) that I should order tests 188 and 189 from Igenex and they will tell if I need to do further testing. I have not done it yet. Do you know if insurance covers any of this testing?

I am wondering also about staying on the minocin or going off for awhile before hand.

Staying tuned

sunny22
    Participant

Hi Roberta,
    I understand that even misquito bites can transfer the lyme disease so better to know for sure. Igenex is out of my network and most of them are, they tell me. . They require everyone to pay upfront when the blood gets sent back to them. I irdered two test kits from them ( free of charge), one for daughter and myself. On the phone, they were not clear if i hadto stop the mino (or any abx) prior to the test. There was something on their website that said info was in the kit or that you could call them regarding that . So i called them back again. They just dont want to answer those questions so i asked her to email me the info in the kit. If i have to stop the mino for a week or two, id like to plan it around the dr visit that is already scheduled! Geeeeeez .

if anyone out there knows if abx need to be stopped before an Igenex Lyme test, please let us know and for how long does the abx need to be stopped prior to test, if so. Thank you for your help.
    Sincerely,
    Sunny

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Sunny,

I don’t like it when you call and they won’t give you any answers :(. Well hopefully someone here will know and respond soon.

If you get any info inside the kit please let me know.

Thanks!

sunny22
    Participant

Yes i surely will! And no, i haven’t recvd the promised fax email yet….
    Hopefully someone here has taken the Igenex test for lyme and can advise if they were asked to go off their abx.
    Sunny

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Sunny,

I went back to find who shared with me about Igenex before and this was the post

sunny22
    Participant

I couldn’t copy the reply i got from igenex. It was giving instructions for a urine protocol which isnt the one ill be taking at this point. So still no word on the blood test portion. Im sure we will find out soon enough. Sunny

Krys
    Participant

Sunny, Roberta,
    If you use the search window at the main page of the General Discussion and type in “IGeneX + antibiotics”, you’ll find answers to your questions. Some posts open up with no info, only the mention of the 2 words, but all the useful to you posts will open up, too.
    Krys

lajc
    Participant

Sunny,

My doctor tested me for Lyme a couple of years ago thru Igenex and I did not stop antibiotics. My doctor is in Lufkin
    Texas and is Lyme literate. She also has Lyme disease herself so she knows her stuff. I have been seeing her for over
    3 years now and she is a wonderful lady.

Laurie

sunny22
    Participant

Thank you laurie. Can i PM you for your doctors info? Ive seen mixed info on stopping or not stopping the abx before the test. I would hate to have to purchase the test twice! Sunny

lajc
    Participant

Hi Sunny,

Yes, feel free to pm me. I’ll help in any way that I can.

Laurie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.