Home Forums General Discussion Lyme Protocol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    eann
    Participant

I saw Dr. C yesterday. He Diagnosed me with Lyme, but I am still waiting for my results from Igenex on the Western Blot.

I started on Doxycycline 100 mg. twice daily. He wants me to get some labs drawn through my primary physician. He also talked about diet, supplements, etc.

I couldn't help feeling he was not sure he could trust me and was kind of feeling me out on my motives. Is the climate he operates under really that difficult? Maybe it was just me.

He is very knowledgeable and I was really overwhelmed with all the different handouts and the things I can try. I am really sick and it is hard for me to interpret things right now. I don't have any energy to spare.

I feel this is the answer I have been looking for and I will slowly integrate his suggestions. My husband just sat down with me and helped me decide which things to try first and wrote it all out. He is going to keep records for me. He is such a blessing.

Thanks for helping me find Dr. C. Is there any supplements that you find that really help you feel better. What would you not be without? There are so many choices listed and I have to start slowly, so I can figure what helps and what doesn't.

Thanks, Ann

JBJBJB
    Participant

Ann,

I am really glad to hear your story. I am going to see him two weeks from now. I am very anxious. I also worry about my insurance. Our university just changed a new insurance. The insurance did not pay the IV treatment I recently got. We had to file the document and they relunctantly paid 70%. So I am not sure they will cover Dr. C's treatment. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

My friend sent me a package of “Immune response training” and I have not really researched on it. It is supposed to help with Lyme patients. It is related to allergy alternative treatment. I am too busy to read it…. but here you go. http://www.LymeFree.com 

Take a good care and keep us posted.

JB

eann
    Participant

JBJBJB, I think yo will be amazed how focused Dr. C is on trying to help you. He also has many other supportive treatments to help your body along towards healing.

I thought he would do the tests there, but he said it would be cheaper to do them through my PCP. Even If I want to try IV antibiotics, He would rather my PCP order them. I should get my tests from Igenex in the next 2 weeks.

I had called Igenex and asked them if I should be off of antibiotics for a while before doing the Western blot and they said no. When I told Dr. C a bout this, he said that was probably a legal answer, as you really should be off before the test. Hope I didn't waste the money if I should have been off of antibiotics.

Are other people getting their testing done through their PCP and are their IV antibiotics being ordered through your PCP too? I sure hope my doctor agrees.

I'll be glad when things fall into place and I have studied up enough to understand it all more.

I really appreciated that Dr. C believed all of my strange symptoms and didn't make me feel crazy or depressed. It is good to get validation of your sickness. He thinks I have had it at least as long as since high school. Sounds like a long way back, but I'm pumped.

eann
    Participant

JBJBJB, I think that it what my insurance will pay-70%. I wish you well on your upcoming visit.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Ann,

It's really great to know these things ahead of the time. I really appreciated you took time to give me the heads up. I am looking forward to seeing him. I also called my insurance and they told me he was out of my network, so I will have to pay the deductible first. It's not a problem.

All my in-net-work doctors do not give me IV prescriptions. I will have to ask Dr. C to send the prescriptions to our network covered infusion center. Perhaps I can get some insurance coverage.

Thank you,

JB

JBJBJB
    Participant

Kim, Ann,

I am sure you have done this. I was trying to fill out the forms and questions Dr. C 's office sent to me. One form asked to sum up the scores. It is said for women the number is great than 180 is considered “very certain” for Lyme symptoms.

Guess what I got?

389!!!!
    :crying::blush::doh::sick:

Kim
    Participant

He does have a lot of forms, doesn't he? 😕  I forget what my number was, but remember it was shocking like yours. 😯  Dr. C. does read the forms, unlike other doctors who never look at what you've filled out.

Take care…..kim

eann
    Participant

JB, I just saw your post. I don't even remember adding up a score for lyme? I do remember adding up a score for yeast though.

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1962]eann[/user] wrote:

He wants me to get some labs drawn through my primary physician. He also talked about diet, supplements, etc.

I couldn't help feeling he was not sure he could trust me and was kind of feeling me out on my motives. Is the climate he operates under really that difficult? Maybe it was just me.

He is very knowledgeable and I was really overwhelmed with all the different handouts and the things I can try. I am really sick and it is hard for me to interpret things right now. I don't have any energy to spare.

I feel this is the answer I have been looking for and I will slowly integrate his suggestions. My husband just sat down with me and helped me decide which things to try first and wrote it all out. He is going to keep records for me. He is such a blessing.

Ann,

Now I went through what you mentioned above, hahaha….. so true. Dr. C was extremely focused, from time to time he got into this deep thinking….. he would use his 7,000 patients experiences and made the percentage out of it…. my husband reminded him that I was a statistician, no problem understanding the statistic part. All three of us laughed. Dr. C said, “oh, I forgot, yeah…. you should know better :>;)”

One thing I learned from him is that my bluish and dark looking skin (where they are not exposed to the sun) is actually from hormone imbalance problem. He said the minocyclin gave me some mino tan plus I have some hormone related discoloration. It's very interesting.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

One thing I learned from him is that my bluish and dark looking skin (where they are not exposed to the sun) is actually from hormone imbalance problem. He said the minocyclin gave me some mino tan plus I have some hormone related discoloration. It's very interesting.

JB, that's really interesting – did Dr C say what type of hormonal imbalance was causing your skin discoloration?

Peace, Maz

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

– did Dr C say what type of hormonal imbalance was causing your skin discoloration?

Peace, Maz

He did not say. I did not ask him.

Oh, Maz, by the way, he also said something about night shade vegetables could dark skin color in addition to hormone problems. I drink a lot of V8 juice.  

eann
    Participant

JB, I have a couple of areas that looked like a bruise at first, but were never sore. Then I got a sunburn from just a few minutes of exposure to the Spring sun. I usually never burn.

That's when I figured out it was the Doxycycline causing all of it. I was told to cover up when in the sun, but I thought that meant summer time and hours in the sun. Nope.

I'm a little hard headed that way. Have to see things for myself. I think they call it “learning the hard way”.

Yeah, he does quote a lot of statistics. My husband said afterwards that he had never heard a doctor actually give statistics for successful treatment with each antibiotic. 7000 patients is a lot of experience wrapped up in one brain. So nice to be taken seriously for a change.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme Protocol’ is closed to new replies.