Home Forums General Discussion Lyme is in Oz !!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

Just read this at Lyme Green; http://www.lymegreenaustralia.blogspot.com/

Lyme disease is in Australia. The AMA have sent circulars and educational material to all medical doctors in Australia, yet the majority of medical doctors in Australia still believe that Lyme Disease is not here and that it only exists in Northern America and some European countries. Obviously, they haven’t read their AMA newsletters.

Lyme disease is epidemic along the NSW coast line, and is particularly intense at Sydney’s northern beaches. Narrabeen to Palm beach being the worst areas with Avalon the worst effected suburb.

Recent research displays the Lyme bacteria existing in a biofilm capsule, thus anti-biotics will have little or no effect on this bacteria. The only value your medical doctor provides is the ability to have blood samples sent to Royal North Shore Hospital (Tropical Disease department) for testing. The value of the tests is about much the same as flippin’ a coin, but at least it is something.

Two protocols have displayed a level of success in the treatment of this disease. Namely the Salt/C protocol and RIFE (Resonance Initited Field Effects – Low Level Radiation) – Check the FreX menu. Both these areas of treatment are classified as experiemental therapies, and they should be used together.

Remission from Lyme disease is not quick, you have a very long battle in front of you. Fast remissions have happened over 18 months of regular treatment, but be prepared to fight this disease for 3 years +

Medical doctors in the USA had patients administering anti-biotics directly into their heart, and partial remissions were experienced after 18 months. Unfortunately, these medical doctors had their licenses suspended so unfortunately there isn’t much hope for the future in the USA, and it is far worse in Australia.

How Does Lyme Disease Spead?
    A bite from a tick that has the bacteria,
    A bite from a mosquito that carries the bacteria,
    Breast feeding from infected mothers,
    Lyme bacteria will navigate the placenta, & is
    Found in semen from infected males.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Sandyg
    Participant

Very Informative…..have just quickly read through the Blog and some great ammunition there to take to the rheumy when I get my appointment confirmed…might just make him sit up and take notice!!

I have noticed in quite a few articles I’ve read that nowhere is there any mention of the possibility of infected people from say the USA travelling to Australia…getting bitten by a mosquito or a tick for that matter and then that mozzie or tick then is carrying infected blood …that mozzie or tick is now carrying it’s payload to the next person it bites….and so on????
    It happens with other diseases so why not Lyme or the like?

Thanks Maz-Aust great find.

Sandy

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I would be cautious about the material quoted in the text. It’s actually taken from a site called http://www.healme.com.au. for which the lymegreen blogspot has a link. Nothing in the text is substantiated so this always make me wonder where it was gleaned from and how the info has been interpreted. There IS an AMA GP reference book from 2006 that was quoted as stating that borrelia burgdorferi has been found in marsupials here. see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5400&p=50003&hilit=AMA#p50003. However, I’ve not read anything that confirms GP’s in Australia have been sent circulars about Lyme unless someone has more current info re this. Likewise, the statements in the text about treatment successes/failures in the U.S. are not substantiated with any links and they dont seem to align with current ILADS information. Unless there is additional information available that is substantiated, I’d be cautious about how I’d present this info to a doctor. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

I agree Lynnie – caution is the name of the game, I was concerned myself about the statements in the text about treatment successes/failures in the US not being substantiated or in line with current ILADS information; however if you think outside the box (as I do) it does lend the question, if someone comes in to the country from say USA & gets a mozzie bite then the mozzie bites someone else – viola the Lyme is/could be/probably passed on ??? I have always wondered about that possibility. With the advent of air travel we are getting more and more diseases coming into Australia, why not Lyme? Not forgetting you can be tested for borrelia burgiorferi by West Mead Hospital, for minimal cost, so just maybe they are aware that Lyme is actually here.

I just put it out there to get some thought processes going.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Maz
    Keymaster

@maz.aust wrote:

With the advent of air travel we are getting more and more diseases coming into Australia, why not Lyme?

Yes, speaking of which, check this out:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25605981/

I’m not sure why this type of thing might be considered a rarity…when one thinks of how many people fly to various places to trek, camp, hike, etc., then hitch a flight home with their dirty laundry in rucksacks that have been hauled around out in nature, it might be more the rule than the exception. Could this be how various strains of borreliosis and coinfections from Europe are found in the US or vice versa, and other places around the world?

It’s not just planes and people that carry ticks long distances…migrating birds do, as well. There are masses of articles/studies regarding the the spread of Lyme via migrating birds carrying ticks. Here’s just one Scandinavian study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC167585/

We live in a very small world now…swine flu swiftly made the rounds. I guess no man can claim to be an island anymore…even a big island, like Australia. 😉 It really makes no scientific sense to deny the existence of any infectious disease, anywhere.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.