Home Forums General Discussion Lyme and manganese

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

I just came across an article in the news regarding lyme and manganese. The website (Science Daily) is being blocked here. It is worth googling.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

@Trudi wrote:

I just came across an article in the news regarding lyme and manganese. The website (Science Daily) is being blocked here. It is worth googling.

Very interesting, Trudi. Thanks for sharing this. Makes a great case for heavy metal detox and also for the beneficial anti-MMP (inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases that contribute to tissue destruction) actions of tetracyclines! Although tetras are believed only to work for their non-anti-microbial effects for rheumatic disease, this is a clear example of the interplay between pathogens causing tissue damage and the immune-modulating effects of the tetracyclines that help to prevent this damage.

PS. The webmaster is looking into the problem of posting links to other sites that began with the recent installation of a new anti-SPAM software mod. Hopefully, it won’t be too long until this problem is fixed.

dotsdaughter2
    Participant

This is a great article thanks for the info. New things are coming to light all the time thanks to people like you.
    Have a great weekend
    Gerry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.