Home Forums General Discussion Lung Improvement!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Parisa
    Participant

Linda,

Yes, dealing with respiratory issues is really difficult because it affects everything.  I did ask the pulmonologist if the lungs could heal and he told me no.  However, I had already spent some time at this board so I decided to disregard what he said.  I guess if we had continued with his treatment plan then yes he would have been right.

Glad to hear your asthma clear with the antibiotics.  Try explaining that to a doctor though! 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Parisa, good for you. I get SO ANGRY with Doctors who make blanket statements like that. Imagine if you'd bought into it…….it would have become a self-fulfilling prophecy, huh? The human body is such a complex entity that no one can EVER make definitive statements about what will happen in the future. We were discussing prognosis/prognostic indicators (e.g. anti-CCP) on another thread in this regard.

I was told a few years ago that, in Italy, docs are allowed to make a DIAGNOSIS but not give a PROGNOSIS. And, if that's true, then I'm all for that system. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Parisa
    Participant

Lynnie,

You know what is even more aggravating.  A doctor who sees my husband improving and other than marveling at it (and truly it is a miracle) doesn't truly try to understand  the protocol that my husband has been on and why it worked.  He made the statement that he would probably never see a patient like my husband in his career again.  Well, I wouldn't wish my husband's condition on anyone but Lyme disease isn't rare so even though he might not get a cardboard copy he will get someone with Lyme through his doors.  Probably has a bunch of them languishing over at the rheumatologists.

The primary learned though.  He had  a woman who came in with lung problems similar to my husband's and after the pulmonologist (a different one I assume) came up with a blank he decided to have her tested for Lyme.  She came back positive!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic result because of your husband for the other patient though! Guess docs live in differing paradigms like the rest of us…..pity they wield so much power though. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘ Lung Improvement!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.