Home Forums General Discussion Low Vit. D and low iron?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Luck20
    Participant

Thanks for the replys Pinkmoth. I missed your first one originally. I can understand your vit d concerns. You sound like me, always trying to find a connection between symptoms and treatment choices and situations. It drives me crazy, then throw food into the mix and it can be even more confusing.

I’ve thought of stool testing. I wonder how accurate it is after all these months of various antibiotics? Frankly, I’m getting tired of testing and feeling unclear on how accurate testing is and needing to research it all.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

luck,
    yes, I’m always trying to find associations between everything and put together theories and do trials/error to test them. it really does drive you mad. I feel rather like a crazy person sometimes…but I have to remind myself that I – and you – are not crazy. quite the contrary. we are just forced to pay attention to these things to survive.

the testing does get exhausting. I have only found two medical professionals whom I trust in my 2 year journey since getting since getting sick (seeing probably at least 20 doctors) both of them use extensive gi stool testing that they feel is very accurate.

one doctor uses the GI map from Diagnostic Solutions. it is the most informative test about my health I have ever had done. I highly recommend it. it was expensive – something like $350 dollars but so worth it. I learned a lot about what’s going on with my gut and therefore what strategies I can take to heal it. https://www.diagnosticsolutionslab.com/tests/gi-map

here is a really interesting podcast interviewing some of the people who developed the test
    https://www.invivoclinical.co.uk/invivo-education/podcasts/gi-map-roundtable

the other doctor I have thinks GI map is good but tends to order the GI Effects from Genova labs. it seems like a similar test but he says this one has even more data like how well you are absorbing protein. this is one I’m going to have done next in a couple weeks. https://www.gdx.net/search/site?q=gi+effects&cx=009581197532299306302%3A7dom6hu9uwy&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&_csrf=5d5210d4-4c3e-4bfd-b935-8a3e1b8cc03b

these are tests I wish I had run years ago. I think they would have not only given me a better understanding of how my body works but would have empowered me to make more effective decisions in maintaining my gut health.

on accuracy, I will tell you that my results from the GI map indicated an acute h pylori infection.
    just a couple weeks later I saw a gastroenterologist about this, who turned their nose up at the test because it wasn’t the “standard” test. so they ran their “standard” test and the results where negative.

I’d like to know how the “standard” test didn’t pick up on this infection, if that’s the one mainstream docs want to rely on. the bacteria is clearly there, the GI map didn’t poof – imagine it into existance when it wasn’t there. to me it indicates, and my trusted doctor agrees, a much higher level of sensitivity in the methods of testing included in the GI map.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Luck20
    Participant

Thanks Pinkmoth, thats another test to consider. I’m glad you have found drs you trust!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.