Home Forums General Discussion Low Starch Diet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bsnyder
    Participant

I have a form of spinal arthritis called ankylosing spondylitis. There is a great website called kickass.org that contains many, many testimonials of people who have put themselves totally in remission by an extremely low starch diet. Basically just meat, veggies and some fruit. Has anyone here had experience either positive of negative with low starch diets for RA?

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi bsnyder,
    I too have AS and have been on a low starch and no grain diet for a while, the only starch i have been having is in bananas (occassionally) and rice milk that I was having daily, however I still had intense aching all through my body everyday, there would be variations as to what degree of aching, some days it was unbelievably intense and other times an ongoing aching just humming in the background.
    I googled rice milk and saw how much was starch is in it and over the last 2 weeks have switched to hemp milk, after 3 days off the rice milk the constant aching started to ease, I am not free from pain but that constant has abated and I’m so relieved.
    In hind sight it is pretty obvious to me that I should have stopped rice milk along with other starches, but I didnt…thankfully I have now. There are lots of starch and grain free recipes on the internet, I made a custard on the weekend with gelatine it turned out spectacular and it’s nice to know that I don’t have to give everything up.

I know if I have any starch my body goes into a great deal of pain, hope this helps.
    Milo

bsnyder
    Participant

Thanks Milo. I just started low starch a few days ago. This morning I woke up in more pain than ever. Maybe teh Klebsiella are dying off. Darn!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.