Home Forums General Discussion Loss of use in little finger

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a painfree and great Chrissy!

I have a problem with my right little finger. The day before yesterday it started to give me a lot of pain and I also have a Ganglion on the top of my hand, which doesn’t worry me too much. I now can’t raise my little finger at all when resting my hand on a flat surface. I did have trouble with both little fingers previously, but there only seemed to be slight damage.

I have been on my new AP protocol for the last 6 weeks ( I don’t normally herx). I am worried now that I am off Mino and these new antibiotics are not doing as great a job as the mino.

Should I stay on the combo?, its really scarey when you see damage being done and all different doctors you see, keep telling you to do different things.

I have also been having a lot of pain with the right side of my neck for the past 6 months, now the right side of my head goes completely numb when doing certain things. I rang my GP last week, because I was very concerned, she told me to go back to my Rhuemy.

Does anyone have a suggestions…………………Rockin Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Rockin Annie wrote:

I have a problem with my right little finger. The day before yesterday it started to give me a lot of pain and I also have a Ganglion on the top of my hand, which doesn’t worry me too much. I now can’t raise my little finger at all when resting my hand on a flat surface. I did have trouble with both little fingers previously, but there only seemed to be slight damage.

I have also been having a lot of pain with the right side of my neck for the past 6 months, now the right side of my head goes completely numb when doing certain things. I rang my GP last week, because I was very concerned, she told me to go back to my Rhuemy.

I have been on my new AP protocol for the last 6 weeks ( I don’t normally herx). I am worried now that I am off Mino and these new antibiotics are not doing as great a job as the mino.

Should I stay on the combo?, its really scarey when you see damage being done and all different doctors you see, keep telling you to do different things.

Does anyone have a suggestions

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your lovely greeting! So sorry you’re going through a new worry.

I rearranged your post a bit as you’ll see above, because it occured to me that you might want to have your neck MRI’d or X-rayed to see if you have some kind of nerve impingement going on that is affected your right side. Just seems possible that a neck problem might also be related to loss of feeling in your pinkie on the same side?

Are you seeing Dr. D, Annie – same docs as Lynnie? If so, have you had a chance to discuss your protocol with them and your concerns about it?

Another thought that occured to me is that if you don’t have any type of nerve impingement in your neck, could your new protocol be causing you to herx in this area of your body? Six weeks in is about the time when herxing might be expected after a switch in protocol, particularly if new antibiotics are targeting something in your pathogen mix. Just a thought…though I would think it quite important to have your neck checked, first. Although your rheumy may be able to order an MRI for you, it seems this would be more the area of an orthopedist.

A happy new year to you, Annie, and putting it out there for you that it will be one filled with improved health. 🙂

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Thanks for your reply and re-arranging, I was a little pushed for time this morning, so I didn’t go through my post!

I have had my neck xrayed a few months back and have been numerous times to an Oestopath, Physio and Chiro. Since my head has started to go numb and hasn’t eased up at all, I will see if I can get a referral to see a Neurologist (spelling).

Yes Maz, my AP doc is the same as Lynnie’s, but the last visit I had with both of them, wasn’t very positive for me, I have lost a bit of faith in them.

Thanks Maz again, I will hopefully get to the bottom of this in the New Year whether its a Neurologist or Orthopedic surgeon.

Happy New Year to you and do hope its a good one for us all…………………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I had a neck problem that caused my entire left arm to be numb at one time. I don’t know if this is affecting you, but necks can definitely cause numbness in limbs.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Jan,

I can definately relate to your neck pain and do hope you have some relief from it!. My neck is causing me a lot of concern at the mo., because it is difficult to drive and when doing my stretching it grinds and makes me feel quite sick. But this morning while discussing my neck to hubby, he said I need to push through the pain and not stop when the clicking starts (he should have it lol) but I am trying to do just that now. As far as the numbness goes, I do think it is related to nerves as it starts to tingle, then contracts then goes completely numb when I look down for too long, at least I will have great posture!.

I don’t know about my little finger though, as both little fingers have damage to them, but maybe it was a flare over Chrissy, because of my straying with food, drink, who knows, but I hope it eventually rights itself as it feels dreadful while putting cream on my face, it gets caught up my nose and stuck in my eye, it sounds funny when I say it like that.

Have a great New Year and a very pain free 2011……..Annie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.