Home Forums General Discussion Looking for list of Mycoplasma species to test for?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Karen-NJ-USA
    Participant

I am looking for a list of likely mycoplasma species for which I should request testing. After 10 years of Minocin (probably incorrectly dosed), and 3 IV Clindamycin treatments (5 days each), I’ve stopped antibiotics–honestly because I felt they were not working anymore. My new functional doc tested me for mycoplasma pneumonia, for which I was negative, but I would like to test for the other mycoplasma infections. I am off the abx for 6 months now and thinking if mycoplasma is my problem, now would be a good time to test–it should be more visible now.

I thought I had copied a list of the mycoplasma species implicated in RA, and which tests would be good to do, but I cannot find it and I am thinking I must be mistaken. Can someone point me to a list of the likely micoplasma species and which tests would be good? I have the list of testing laboratories from the website, and the RB “Protocol for Using Antibiotics…”. I appreciate your assistance.

My new Doctor is treating me for fungus (“highest levels [he] has ever seen in anyone”), viral infections (4 strains known) and lead. We are also trying to replace my gut bacteria–I had in-detectable levels of some species undoubtedly from 10 years of abx. We have increased zinc–which brought my albumin up into range for the first time in decades (the bottom of the range but I’m overjoyed), vitamin A, and we’re getting my iron up into range. I was hoping this would help, but I’m having more flares needing more steroids. I am almost 6 years of methylprednisolone, and I am experiencing side effects (cataract surgery both eyes for one example). I want to test for other infections, especially now that the abx is out of my system.

I just noticed the “Protocol for using Antibiotics..” says “an association has been shown between M.hominis and lupus. “M.hominis is resistant to erythromycin…” I have Lupus RA overlap, and I am now thinking I was probably on the wrong Abx protocol, either wrong dose or wrong drugs, and that whatever is causing my disease was not affected by my treatment.

Thank you for your assistance,
    Karen

Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis overlap, tachycardia, hypo-thyroid, high lead and other metals. Valacyclovir (anti-viral), Nystatin (anti-fungal), Vitamin A, Zinc, iron. Formerly: Minocycline June 2007 to March 2017; Doxy; 3 weeks IV Clindamycin; 9 years plaquenil (useless); 1 year Methotrexate (useless). Quality supplements, no processed food, no grain, all organic.

Maz
    Keymaster

In the Resources tab, you will find the Pulsed Protocol packet and in Appendix A is a list of common myco species and abx susceptibilities. Labs that test for mycos have panels you can select from, too.

Pulsed Protocol

Other infections worth checking are strep, Clamydia pneumoniae, and tickborne infections.

Did you feel better when you stopped the mino? In rare cases drug induced lupus can occur, but it would be late to test for it now.

Also, if thyroid labs aren’t optimal (not just in range), this can mimic RA, fibromyalgia, and lupus pain.

Lots of variations in protocols are possible, so if one abx fails, others can be tried. Best of luck!

Karen-NJ-USA
    Participant

Thank you Maz.
    I had it in my hand, the protocol, and I just was not seeing that last page for some reason. That is exactly what I needed.
    Thank you again,
    Karen

Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis overlap, tachycardia, hypo-thyroid, high lead and other metals. Valacyclovir (anti-viral), Nystatin (anti-fungal), Vitamin A, Zinc, iron. Formerly: Minocycline June 2007 to March 2017; Doxy; 3 weeks IV Clindamycin; 9 years plaquenil (useless); 1 year Methotrexate (useless). Quality supplements, no processed food, no grain, all organic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.