Home Forums General Discussion London RA Guidelines

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hello, everyone:

Yesterday I had the very good fortune of having dinner with Professor Ebringer, and his wife, Marie. The meeting was far too brief, but I managed to ask questions about his work in RA, and whether he had any anecdotal evidence, employing his regimen. He gave a couple of good examples of people improving after following his basic guidelines.

Since I do not have RA, I feel a bit out of my turf discussing this at all, but I want to let everyone here know of the basic regimen, and I am optimistic that, along with Dr. Brown’s AP, some good can come from this contribution.

So, I will suggest at the outset that Professor Ebringer believes that RA is the result of an occluded (stubborn), and sometimes sub-clinical (unnoticed) urinary tract infection by the germ Proteus mirabilis, and the result of molecular mimicry between antibodies to this pathogen and certain connective (collagen) tissue in HLA DR4/DR1 individuals.

Here are his suggestions:

Rheumatology Research Clinic: Professor Alan Ebringer.
    Department of Rheumatology, The Middlesex Hospital, UCH School of Medicine
    and Infection & Immunity Group, Department of Life Sciences,King

Trudi
    Participant

Hi John–
    Thanks for taking the time to share this information. The “High fluid/ High fruit juice diet for rheumatoid arthritis patients.” surprised me some, but may be worth a try :).
    Take care–the best of health to you too–
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Krys
    Participant

Thank you, John.
    I hope I do not have Proteus microbe but as small joints (slight) involvement only slightly relented over 4 years long treatment and UTI, also slight, keeps persisting, I’ll be very happy to increase fluid and juice intake.
    An added bonus is that it will be easier to stay away from all the foods I should not eat: the sugar content in the juice should satiate the hunger for carbohydrates/sweets.
    Everything wonderful to you, too!
    Krys

marypart
    Participant

It may be worth trying curcumin– I’ve heard that Meriva and Longvida or the most bio-available and best studied.

There is some evidence that it helps with proteus

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3144717/

and it is also known to help with other inflammatory conditions. Also prostate problems and possibly preventing Alzheimers.

marypart
    Participant
    Patricia.Ann
    Participant

Thank you John for taking the time to pass this information on to those of us with RA/Inflammatory Arthritis – very kind of you to do so 😉

I must say when doing a veg/juice detox for seven days I did feel less pain and your information could explain why. I wouldn’t want to do this duration of juice only again but incorporating it into daily lifestyle would seem as though it would be very beneficial alongside an uptake of fluids. Will give it a go!

Very kindest wishes to you.

Love Patricia x

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks John, really nice of you to share this.

Valsmum
    Participant

Thank you John for the post. I would have been excited , if I got to have dinner with Professor Ebringer. It’s funny you say his regime consists of high fluid and high juice intake because after embarking on my little juice fast it was the best I have ever felt. I was also following the NSD for my SI joint pain and it improved too. My RA is seronegative and since I started drinking a lot of fresh juices and watching out for foods that cause me pain my labs(sed rate) went from bad 55 to normal 28. Also one of my frozen joints now moves freely as if I never had joint damage in it, and that is after it was stuck for to years.
    Thanks again for posting. Take care!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.