Home Forums General Discussion LDN with ALA for autoimmune diseases?

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Luck20
    Participant

Does anyone have experience with this? What are the benefits of it over only using ldn? I ordered the book on ALA but it’s nice to hear some first hand experiences too.

Thanks!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Linda L
    Participant

What is it ALA?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

eagle26
    Participant

Alpha lipoic acid.

Reactive Arthritis+ tachycardia+ prostatitis. 2015 till now. Just a short remission 4 months.
    NAC, vit e, krill oil, vit b 1000 mcg daily, vit d 2000 iu daily and quercetin 500 mg twice a day.

SS
    Participant

What is Idn?

Luck20
    Participant

Low dose naltrexone. It’s being used for pain relief and to modulate the immune system. I’ve heard of it being used for cancer too. It’s pretty safe and well known in functional medicine community. A few mainstream drs are starting to prescribe it too.

I had tremendous luck with it for pain in my feet. I went from thinking I’d need another surgery to pain free! Well worth the $40 a month out of pocket. 🙂

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Linda L
    Participant

Do you take 4.5 every day? How long have you been taking it?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy1

I take 3.5. Have been in this dose for several years. Completely pain free.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Luck20
    Participant

Linda L~

I take 4.5 mg. I slowly worked up to it over 2 months. I tolerate it with no side effects. Even after the first couple days, ongoing foot pain went away. From my research, it seemed like a very low risk option, so I’ve just stuck with it. It’s been 13 months at the full dosage.

Linda L
    Participant

How long have you been taking antibiotics?

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Linda L
    Participant

I have read that LDN must be taken according to your weight. Do you agree?

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Luck20
    Participant

I’ve never heard that ldn should be taken for weight, only that 4.5 is the typical final dosage after you work up to it. I know less works better for some people and a good dr would take that into account.

I’ve been on Abx for 15 months.

Linda L
    Participant

I’ve read it in one of the books about LDN.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

PhilC
    Participant

I have read that LDN must be taken according to your weight.

That’s true for children.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.