Home Forums General Discussion Latest labs with explanation

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

I was sad to find out my AP doctor will no longer be using Acculab. I will be back with Quest. With Quest, my RA factor has historically been 15 to 20 points higher than Acculab. Same test. Same values. I have never understood the discrepancy. My last Acculab factor test was end of January at 28. I would have loved to finish the race with this company. So with Quest last week it came out at 34. So I feel like it would have been entirely possible to see 20 or so with Acculab. Oh, well. I will just have to work harder a little longer.
    Now, I want you to know that after being on antibiotics for nearly a year and a half that my liver, kidneys, and thyroid are doing great. I was so glad to see this.
    IMPORTANT! I want to share that I have been on berberine for about 4 months for intestinal health and joints. A wonderful side effect is lowering blood sugar. My last sugar test in Jan was 105… Not great. My newest lab was 83! Please consider this supplement that in clinical trials was as effective as Metformin. Wow! I could not believe it.
    Vitamin d was 79. I think this is good, but not sure how to balance moving forward.
    My total IGE was high at 145. This is either undetected food allergies or mold. If I can figure out this trigger…..vital key to health.
    Platelet count before flare was usually Around 153,000. Now it is always around 138,000. Could this be a Mino side effect?
    Good news! With the addition of methyl folate and methyl b12, my MCV was normal at 96! It is usually 100 or more. I feel that this is significant. Very happy!
    New area of concern….my absolute eosinophils have never been an issue. During my worst flare they were normal at 46. Now they are high at 731. This is a significant change. I looked it up and the first drug on the list that can cause this is Mino. So I do feel that this is reflective of Mino. Has anyone had trouble with this?
    But everything else was fabulously great. In some ways, the best total bloodwork I have had. Let’s keep fighting it people!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.