Home Forums General Discussion large measles outbreak

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Amle
    Participant

I am thinking I should keep my mouth closed and yet here I go…I think this is an important health discussion for this site and like Mary77 my wish is that the government would not decide to make health decisions for me or my family. Many on this board know how big pharma works. Government leaders fingers are in this money pot. Every vaccine that is added to the “have to have” list makes that company millions. Retired congressmen often get hired on by these companies as advisors on getting their products approved. Hmmmm, I think they may not be acting in my best interest…

❗ As someone with a hyper acting immune system, it makes no sense to me that I would want to give my brand new baby who might have a similar genetic disposition a bunch of shots to rev up their undeveloped immune system before they are even a day or 2 old.

❗ I do not understand is why if shots are this great protection, and you and yours are getting them, then why do those not getting the shots matter to those that have this “great protection”…let me decide what I put in my and my children’s bodies.

❗ The way shots are given now–multiples at one time, extremely early, huge amounts–are not tested this way. Drug companies test one drug at a time for safety not the way they are given to our children. If a child has a reaction to a shot, I cannot take the drug company to a normal, open court. There is a special court they have to go to and a secret fund to pay the settlement, all of this is done behind closed doors.

richie
    Participant

Hi- Exactly what is the truth about vaccinations —-Easpecially to someone with a closed mind –go down the line -polio smallpox dpt measles before this and many others –ever hear of anyone getting them in this country –do people ever wonder why ???????????? Its much much easier to rail against the big bad pharmacy -the big bad government -conspiracies and more –typical age old complaints that real;ly dont hold water —
    r

Amle
    Participant

Richie,
    Both my daughter and my nephew had strong adverse reactions to the MMR vaccine. This subject is very personal to me. I am not anti vaccine. I think the polio vaccine did a lot of good. But the current way we are doing vaccines maybe doing a lot of damage.

Attached is the link and information directly from the governmental site about how vaccine cases are always no fault–

http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/vaccine-programoffice-special-masters

Vaccine Claims/Office of Special Masters
    The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (“Vaccine Program”) comprises Part 2 of the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 (“Vaccine Act”). See Pub. L. No. 99-660, 100 Stat. 3755 (1986) (codified as amended at 42 U.S.C.

lemons
    Participant

As I am in England I don’t really understand what this debate is about. Is it compulsory in the US to be vaccinated ? Can someone explain please.

Trudi
    Participant

@richie wrote:

-Exactly what is the truth about vaccinations

Richie–

Noone is denying that vaccines have their purpose. Yesterday I read through the CDC website and other credible “for vaccine” articles. Reread what I learned and wrote. To a subset of people there is a real danger and that is why there is a compensation board set up–vaccines are not totally safe as the news media and the head of the CDC report without any qualifications. I read yesterday that trust is the real issue here–when information is withheld suspicion begins.

Based on what I hear on the news, I also don’t have much hope for a national dialogue.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

lemons
    Participant

Are vaccines compulsory in the US ?

Trudi
    Participant

@lemons wrote:

Are vaccines compulsory in the US ?

Hi Lemons–

They are mandatory but one can seek exemptions. Here is some info from the National Vaccine Information Center–

As more vaccines have been recommended and mandated by government health officials, NVIC is receiving more reports from Americans describing how they are being harassed for trying to make informed vaccine choices for themselves and their children:
    Children are being denied a public education if their parents do not show state officials proof they have received all state mandated vaccines or have obtained a signature from a medical worker when they file a religious of personal belief exemption to vaccination;
    Doctors are refusing to provide medical care to children and adults who do not agree to get every government recommended vaccine;
    Health care workers are being fired if they do not get an annual flu shot.

http://www.nvic.org/reporting-systems.aspx

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Amle
    Participant

Hi lemons,

In the US depending on what state you live in, you have different options for choosing not to vaccinate. It is relevant for how the children are allowed in school. In some states you have to see a doctor. In other states you have to write a letter. Currently most states have some way to opt out if you feel or know that vaccines would be dangerous for your child, but keeping that right has been an ongoing battle.

I thought that the UK also had mandatory vaccines? I thought you were just required to give less than we do?

Amy

lemons
    Participant

Vaccination is encouraged and offered on the NHS but its not mandatory, you have a choice . I hope it stays that way too !

RevereRosie
    Participant

I’m very concerned about this matter. Scary.

lemons
    Participant

I am very surprised to learn that these vaccinations are mandatory in the US. In the UK over the past few years the government has rolled out an HPV vaccination programme offered to all teenage girls. There have been a lot of reports of girls suffering side effects to this vaccine and the main symptoms were joint pains. Some children have gone on to develop chronic joint problems due to this one vaccine.

Pip
    Participant

Richie –

One of the standard arguments made by Pharma to spin this issue is to call people who are questioning the safety of vaccines into question ‘anti-vax’. That is a simple Tobacco Playbook (look it up) PR stunt to delay action or regulation. You keep falling for this. I am not anti-vax, I want the true information, what little there is, out in the public domain. I’ve watch so many reputable journalism articles switch from questioning the ‘wild type’ and ‘vaccine type’ strains, which is the IMPORTANT info to ‘this is all caused by unvaccinated kids’ and totally dropping the part about how FULLY vaccinated kids are getting these diseases. Why is nobody asking that question? Or the question of ‘if this disease was wiped out’ and they’ve used the same strain for decades, and it’s mutating, are they CAUSING these outbreaks?

The only explanation I can offer about supposedly eradicated measles, that you keep bringing up, is the above question. Why is this happening if 1) the vaccine was working and 2) fewer parents are NOT vaccinating?

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-immunization-data-20150123-story.html

This is a PR stunt to pass more draconian laws.

I think this is related to a similar issue – Bed Bugs. Totally eradicated 40 years ago, back with a vengeance now. Might this be more mutations (in the bed bug case, related to resistance?)

Amie –

I am sorry to hear about your child and your nephew. I have 2 friends, both with autistic kids. One says it was NOT the vaccine. The other says the change was almost immediate.

Lemons – we are moving towards the loss of total exemptions in the guise of protecting the public but really protecting the revenue stream. Also agree about the HPV vax. I read an article that checked the AERS reports calling the reactions to HPV vaccine a ‘litany of horror’. I’ve seen studies in PubMed about how these girls are coming up with pre-cancerous cells and other scary effects in their 20’s. We don’t have any idea what we’re dealing with.

For those who are saying you should have the right to decide what to do with your family, please just plan on kissing that ‘right’ goodbye.

The are working on changing the law, so that if you refuse, they can and will take your child away under the guise of ‘medical neglect’.

http://childrenshealthcare.org/

This is their mission statement and their board of directors.

http://childrenshealthcare.org/?page_id=28

Anybody recognize who they are?

Amle
    Participant

Who are they?

Pip
    Participant

Vaccine manufacturers.

And Hospitals who have been taking children when their parents don’t vaccinate for ‘medical neglect’.

That Paul Offit was the guy who said you can give a child 10,000 vaccines at once and nothing will happen. He revised that statement after blowback.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-independent-are-vaccine-defenders/

Follow the money because every damn state just moved to remove vaccine exemptions under religious or conscientious reasons. All to increase the profit to corporations or the GOV.

Here’s an example of what’s going on across the nation.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/health/2015/02/ … d/22828843

2012-2013 numbers so it’s higher now.
    http://www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/aboutus/Pages/FastFacts.aspx

So, how dangerous is this? What’s the rate that’s over-running the herd immunity?

Less than 1/2 of 1% are unvaccinated.

And, if you listen to the story above, you’ll find they’ve mandated 55 vaccines since we were all kids; it use to be 8.

The developing immune system is being overwhelmed.

Pip
    PS – who is NOT against vaccines but is only concerned with corporations profit taking over policy.

Amle
    Participant

Pip
    Thank you for the information you bring to the table both on this issue and net neutrality.
    Amy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.