Home Forums General Discussion Lack of Sleep and Stress Causes Flare?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I've noticed that even though I'm much better with AP (praise God!)…if I'm run down or low on sleep, I seem to flare or herx or hurt (take you pick).

Also if I'm very, very stressed I tend to flare/herx/hurt (pick again).

Just wondering if I'm the only one.

–whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Whaleharbour;
         I am exactly the same.Even though I am in remissionmy SD seems to try to breakthrough if I am overtired.A  15 minute nap and a dose of creatine picks me right up.I rarely get more than six hours of sleep at night as I am just too busy.If things start to get really bad and the nap thing does not help I force myself to stay in bed an extra hour and just cuddle with one of the cats.The purring sound is sooooo relaxing.This extra hour seems to do the trick for a few weeks until I get myself into the same predicament again.
                            Lynne

Patti D
    Participant

Ditto for me too!
    It is almost like the real pain is right below the surface trying to break through. It is like I am a small step away from real pain. Then just like it came it will leave…if I destress in what ever way that helps or if I am tired , I take a nap or go to bed early.

My scenerio is usually the wierd migratory pin pricking feeling followed by joint pain. It makes you think that you never really have a handle on this, right?

I think you have really got to take a serious look at reducing stress some way. We can never live stress free, but we do have some control over some situations. One thing I have found very valuable is trying to associate with really positive people.
    That is why this board has been such a God send.

Patti

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yes absolutely. My holistic AP doc's 3 part recipe for greater wellness/remission is diet, abx and stress relief (in terms of meditation/prayer etc) – as a new way of living. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

sierrra
    Participant

Definitely! I have a flare every Christmas.

Sierra

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Lack of Sleep and Stress Causes Flare?’ is closed to new replies.