Home Forums General Discussion Lab results….MAZ! Need some opinions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

Serum Folate and Serum B12… Not RBC….very high…thanks, MTHFR
    Platelet count…137,000….but this is staying consistent so not too worried
    Eosinophils back down to 40…down from about 750 in May…good sign
    Neutrophils % high at 79.4
    Lymphocytes% low at 13.2
    RHEUMATOID FACTOR DOWN TO 28…down from 34 in May…good
    Anti ccp STILL NEGATIVE BELOW 20, but is at 17…this is new….SCARY!!! WHY NOW?
    Total IGE within Normal limits at 100. Down from about 145 in May
    Low to moderate IGE to dust mites/ cats…we have no cats
    Very low level IGE Aspergillus
    Iron Labs as follows…
    Iron 142. [ 40-190]
    TIBC.424. [250-450]
    Saturation 33 [11-50]……have been taking lots of chlorella which has lots of iron in it…not sure if I should continue
    Ferritin…17….has to be MTHFR…was really hoping chlorella would help this

Homocysteine up from 5.6 over a year ago to 7.8… Not bad but moving wrong way. <10.4

Thyroid
    Free T4. 1.00. [0.8 to 1.8]
    TSH 1.93. [0.40-4.50]
    Free T3. 2.7. [2.3-4.2]
    Sed Rate 2 which is consistent
    C reactive protein below <0.1 which is consistent
    Vitamin d…61
    Glucose 82… Thank you, berberine
    AST…18. [10-35]
    ALT…7. [6-29]
    EGFR 90
    All other labs are also normal

I do not want a ccp to get started just as I am feeling more positive about things. But I guess that is life.

Anyway, after this lab was taken I have started LDN this past Friday at .5 mgs. So far no problems. Funny, my breathing seems more relaxed and deeper. Vivid wonderful dreams…but I have them anyway. Will go up to 1.0 this Friday and then 1.5 the next. I will probably hold there for awhile and see.

I know Dr. W. Would let me titrate up to 100 mgs. BID daily instead of MWF, but maybe starting LDN I should not make any changes right now.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Nice avatar! Is it sideways, though?

It’s unusual to have an excess of B12 and folate – could you be taking too much? Are you on any estrogen or high doses of Vit A or C?

In addition to Lyme, did you test positive for babesiosis?

Re iron panel: according to a chart I have here, optimal iron levels for women include a ferritin of 70-90, serum iron of 110, % saturation of 35% and TIBC (for either gender) of 1/4 above the lower range number. So, yes, it’s possible you’re ingesting too much exogenous iron, but I’d talk to the doc about your levels and ask if you need it or not. Too little iron is not great, but common with rheumatic illness. Too much iron can be toxic and not good for women, as a general rule, as it can feed certain cancers and microbes.

Try not to get fixated on the anti-CCP number. It’s in normal range and is a lab that can also be positive in healthy folks. Yes, it’s highly specific for RA, but it’s also a lab that can go up and down over time. If it suddenly go up well above range, then this is something to check out with the doc, but while it’s in range, it shouldn’t be too much of a concern. All in all, it’s how you’re feeling that matters and not forgetting that folks with dental issues (p.gingivalis) can also have an elevated anti-CCP.

Re: thyroid labs – the ideal, according to the charts I have and also on many thyroid sites is for TSH to be less than 2 (but above .3). Most people feel well when it’s between .5 and 1.5. Free T4 is ideal in the top half of the lab range (1.3 or slightly above). Free T3 is ideal in the top quartile of the range (around 3.5 but below 4.2). This is just a general guideline, though, and each person has their optimal level based on what other endocrines are doing, because the whole endocrine system functions synergistically. In my case, not having a thyroid and also having RA, it’s become incredibly clear to me how imbalanced thyroid hormones can affect pain levels and pretty much every body system, because the thyroid is the master gland, in charge of the metabolic processes of every cell in the body. In a couple weeks, there will be a new blog article going out about this, if interested.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/lab-values/

I think you’re smart not to change too much in your protocol all at once…one thing at a time is the ideal, if at all possible. This way you also know what is causing what, if any side-effects or herxing symptoms occur.

As you know, I’m just a fellow patient, so can only offer ideas to discuss with your doc, but sounds like you’re doing pretty well, overall, Spiffy.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Serum Folate and Serum B12… Not RBC….very high…thanks, MTHFR

I had an extremely high B12 reading one time and my Doc told me I shouldn’t have used the sub-lingual spray on the morning of the test because serum result would show artificially high. Did you take sups of these the morning of the draw?

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.