Home Forums General Discussion Knee cap popping out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

Any of you with RA have a kneecap that feels like it’s popping out? When I walk and bend my knee it feels like my kneecap is going to pop right off and its excruciating! Not all the time maybe 50% of the time. Does this mean anything? Damage?

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Airen. I didn’t have any trouble with my knees until last February, when I broke my right kneecap after taking a fall. The patella healed but my knee was still very sore, and the kneecap no longer tracked well over the joint. Going downstairs was very difficult. I ended up having a couple of PRP (platelet rich plasma) treatments and my knee has healed amazingly well since then. They extract your own blood, spin it down to get the platelets, and then inject the platelets into the joint space. It is becoming more common in athletic orthopedic offices, but generally is still not covered by insurance. It is painful, but very quick. I have also done a couple of treatments on my hip as well, and have found relief. I don’t know if it is right for you, but might be worth checking out.

This is from the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons:
    http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00648

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Airen
    Participant

Interesting thanks Bonnie!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.