Home Forums General Discussion Just found out I likely have cancer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    redrock
    Participant

Hi folks, sorry, just needing support.

A week ago I had a mammo and ultrasound which I do every year due to history of breast cysts. After the ultrasound was over I look up at the screen and see a big 'ole black blob in the image. I try to convince myself it's nothing but sure enough, the doctor's office calls and said we need to schedule an ultrasound biopsy. So I ask the girl to please fax me the report and this is what it says:

Highly suspicious sonographically evident lesion at the 3 o'clock position.

It goes on to say irregularly shaped, with shadowing which appears spiculated with some increase vascularity, measures .9 centimeters. You can't imagine what I am going through as I am reading this sentence this afternoon at the office fax machine with all my colleagues milling around.

For several years I've always had these little things come up, always turned out to be nothing; this time it looks like it's something. And I'm worried that whatever treatment I might get aside from surgery, i.e. chemotherapy, other drugs, etc are going to interfere with my Minocin/LDN.

Scared and speechless…

Kash
    Participant

So sorry~you had enough on your plate already. As you learn more and have more tests done you will have additional knowledge about what is going on in your body. For me, the more I know, the easier it is to deal with.

Your friends are here to help!
    Barb

Seaside Shell
    Participant

Hi Redrock,

I am so sorry to hear this.  Hang in there OK?  When will you know the results of the biopsy?

Shelley

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Sorry you are going through this.  There are many false positives in testing so I would wait for an exact diagnosis.

In any case, we are here for you.

Jan

hopefulmama
    Participant

I am so sorry.  I've gone through a different kind of early cancer almost 15 years ago and I know how devastating this news is.  It seems like you've been given too much for any one person to bear.  Hang in there, we're thinking of you and praying for you. 

Kim
    Participant

Hi redrock,

I'm sorry this is so upsetting right now, but you'll know more after the biopsy what you're dealing with.  The fact that you are on this board tells me you are a fighter 😉 and you'll  catch your breath and mount whatever defense is necessary.

People on this board have seen it all and surely will help you sort through this.

Sending you a big hug ((((( )))))………kim

Maz
    Keymaster

Redrock, I'm just here to second everything everybody has already said and not really much else to add except to say that I've been through similar with breast calcifications, lumps and biopsies, as have a few others of us here.

We're all here to support you and my best insight is to just take things a step at a time and do your best not to let fear overwhelm you. Everyone reacts so differently to these things and there is no right or wrong way to feel or act. What I can share from personal experience is that fear is like a terrorist within and it really does a number on immune function and can be all-consuming, but not changing anything, overall, for the better. Try your best to hang in there until you know for sure what you're dealing with. Just take big breaths and then do what you can to move through each step, one at a time. I know, easier said than done, so if you need to vent, go right ahead. 

I am going through a lot of concern for my best friend right now who has just been diagnosed with a cantaloupe-sized tumor on her ovary. They don't know yet what it is – liquid-filled cyst or malignant tumor. I went with her yesterday to see the surgeon who will remove it and do a total hysterectomy and I was just bowled over by her calm demeanor throughout the appt. My guess is that she was feeling a little numb by the news, but she also is a very wise person and told me after that she is just going to surrender and deal with everything as it comes. To be honest, I'm in total awe and not sure I would be so calm – she is older than me (63) and such a teacher. I'm just sharing this really so you don't feel bad…fear is normal and most people aren't as calm as my friend (including me). All anyone can do is take things a step at a time….and it also helps to have a good friend or relative go with you to appts hold your hand if you need it.

You're very much in our thoughts!

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=2547]redrock[/user] wrote:

It goes on to say irregularly shaped, with shadowing which appears spiculated with some increase vascularity, measures .9 centimeters.
    For several years I've always had these little things come up, always turned out to be nothing; this time it looks like it's something. And I'm worried that whatever treatment I might get aside from surgery, i.e. chemotherapy, other drugs, etc are going to interfere with my Minocin/LDN.

Scared and speechless…

Redrock – of course you are. I hope you get some answers really soon cos the waiting is the absolute worst part.

BTW, if this IS a malignant tumour, the .9 centimeters size indicates they have picked it up really early which is very good news because it is much easier to deal with and may not involve chemo. But fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you that it's benign. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

redrock
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Well I heard from the doctor today, it turns out I do have breast cancer. It's my first experience with cancer of any kind and while I kind of saw this coming, I guess it hasn't really sunk in yet. I need to have an MRI to see if it has spread to the lymph nodes and also wait for some DNA testing to see how aggressive of a strain it is and whether I will just have surgery or chemo/radiation as well.

Has anyone here battled sclero and cancer at the same time? If so, any advice appreciated. I've been continuing the mino but was off the LDN for a few days. I'll go back on it and then go off before surgery but hopefully be able to stay on AP throughout the duration of the treatment.

I suppose God never gives you anything you can't handle, right? 😉

DiamondTNT
    Participant

Wishing you all the best, redrock!  I went through a scare about breast cancer around 3 years ago.  First, they busted the cysts I'd had for over 20 years during a mammogram.  From there I went through all sorts of swollen glands, test after test, then an X-ray showed a 'shadow' on my left lung so I was sent to an onconlogist and had a full PET Scan – that showed nothing.  (Did the busted cysts hold a bunch of mycoplasma that caused my RA???)

Do not let the fear take hold of you!  Embrace the thought that they will get it all out the first time and everything will be just fine.  As Kim wrote, you are here so we all know you are already a very strong person.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Seaside Shell
    Participant

Hi Redrock,

It sounds like you are catching it while it is small and that is a very good thing.  Please know that you are in my thoughts and I hope that you let us know how you are doing.

Shelley

MMW
    Participant

I am so sorry redrock.:(  I do not have anything to offer but my deepest sympathy and prayers. 

I do have an interesting book on “The GERSON THERAPY The Proven Nutrional program for Cancer and Other Illness” by Charlotte Gerson and Morton Walker   It is based on Max Gerson M.D.'s work.   It made for interesting read and has supposedly helped many many people.  I do not have any experience with it or know anyone personally that has done the program, however.  But I do know that I learned a whole lot from his approach.

Hope this helps.

Marianne

Maz
    Keymaster

Dear Redrock,

Just so sorry to hear this news and you have to go through this in addition to the SD. My heart, and am sure the hearts of everyone here, all go out to you.

It's great that you intend to stick with your AP while dealing with all this. I hope there may be someone here with sclero who has also faced cancer who can share their experience with you. I have spoken to a wonderful lady in MA who got her RA dx in the early 90s, saw Dr. S in Iowa and went into remission. She then developed breast cancer several years after reaching remission on AP. She went through chemo and is absolutely fine with no trace of cancer left. Her RA did flare after her chemo was stopped, but with some adjustments in protocol, she quickly became asymptomatic again.

All your friends here will walk beside you as you face this next leg of your journey, Redrock. Hang in there, stay strong and be well…my thoughts are with you, too.

Peace, Maz

maz.aust
    Participant

I can only add my support to everyone elses & remind you that it probably isn't as bad as the place your imagination is taking you. 

The only time the big 'C' has affected me is when my daughter was diagnosed with early cervical cancer aged 19, however, since then has been able to conceive & give birth to her son – – – amazing things can happen !! 

Keep your chin up …  😉
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

So sorry to hear this but so glad it was caught early.  My cousin had a double mastectomy 6 years ago and is doing fine.

I recently saw the book Uplift: Secrets from the Sisterhood of Breast Cancer Survivors by Barbara Delinsky.  This might be of interest some time.

Best wishes to you.

Jan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘ Just found out I likely have cancer’ is closed to new replies.