Home Forums General Discussion JIA 9years old; 1 year update. She is doing well. Hurreeeyyy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello All,

I want to provide an update on my daughter:

She diagnosed with JIA 2 years ago with ANA being 1:160 and her one knee not healing after a very bad fall. ANA was the only blood work they mentioned in doctor’s report for JIA.
    Given anti inflammatory for couple of months – I believe really messed her gut – and her ankle started getting swollen as well along with her tummy getting very very bad as these medicine were given without any tummy protection nor gut protection.

As anti inflammatory does not help -makes things worse actually- doctor recommended mtx.

At this point, I started reading very heavily – stupid me for not doing it before – I found this forum and you wonderful people, thank you, thank you!

Went to Dr.K and Dr.F in California. They really know their work.
    They found mycoplasma infection, virus infection and Vit D deficiency along with gluten sensitivity.
    My daughter has been on Clarithromycin 250mgX2, flora max , joint support, umminoglubin , krill oil, lysing , no gluten/no dairy diet and transfer factor for virus infection since last september.

All positive IgG and IgMs went up first then came down. All her clinic symptoms disappeared. Her energy went up, she grow quite a bit and today lab report showed negative ANA…:) ( Thank you God!) Her ESR went from 22 to 1. Vit D level goes up to 46 from 23. Dr.F wants it to be over 50.

We will continue till all IgGs and IgMs goes to negative before reducing the abx.

I am so happy! I wish all the same from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you all, this site saved my daughter’ and my life. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I got so much support, happy to pass on.

Nuket

zeljana
    Participant

@Nuket wrote:

Hello All,

I want to provide an update on my daughter:

She diagnosed with JIA 2 years ago with ANA being 1:160 and her one knee not healing after a very bad fall. ANA was the only blood work they mentioned in doctor’s report for JIA.
    Given anti inflammatory for couple of months – I believe really messed her gut – and her ankle started getting swollen as well along with her tummy getting very very bad as these medicine were given without any tummy protection nor gut protection.

As anti inflammatory does not help -makes things worse actually- doctor recommended mtx.

At this point, I started reading very heavily – stupid me for not doing it before – I found this forum and you wonderful people, thank you, thank you!

Went to Dr.K and Dr.F in California. They really know their work.
    They found mycoplasma infection, virus infection and Vit D deficiency along with gluten sensitivity.
    My daughter has been on Clarithromycin 250mgX2, flora max , joint support, umminoglubin , krill oil, lysing , no gluten/no dairy diet and transfer factor for virus infection since last september.

All positive IgG and IgMs went up first then came down. All her clinic symptoms disappeared. Her energy went up, she grow quite a bit and today lab report showed negative ANA…:) ( Thank you God!) Her ESR went from 22 to 1. Vit D level goes up to 46 from 23. Dr.F wants it to be over 50.

We will continue till all IgGs and IgMs goes to negative before reducing the abx.

I am so happy! I wish all the same from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you all, this site saved my daughter’ and my life. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I got so much support, happy to pass on.

Nuket

This is great and I am so happy for you and your daughter!
    Hugs for you and your child !! 😀
    I will now check up on this list of supplements and medication you have listed above..
    Seems you have very good experienced doctor and you are very strong and determined mama:))

m.
    Participant

All positive IgG and IgMs went up first then came down.

Isn’t that curious? My doctor told me to look for that on consecutive tests and to take it as a sign that the protocol was working.

What a wonderful update!

Did you and your daughter have to travel very far to see the doctors in CA?

Anonymous
    Participant

Yes we had to. We live in Canada.

We actually have a great MD supporting us in AP in Canada as well but, she says these infections tests are not available in Canada. So, she is happily working with Dr.F and following my daughter together. I feel blessed.

I have sent all the lab reports to our original Dr. recommended mtx. Have not heard back from him. We might like to go see him to make sure that he at least aware of positive improvement with a different- safer – treatment approach.

Nuket

Woods1977
    Participant

This is great news… Congrats!!!! Make sure you share your story on the testimonial page!

zeljana
    Participant

Is this because of diet?

mpw
    Participant

Wonderful story. So happy for your child and her future.

May I ask where they did the Mycoplasma testing and what kind of virus it was that she had?

Anonymous
    Participant

@zeljana wrote:

Is this because of diet?

I think diet help her immune system getting stronger. She has one celiac gene. I got her tested in entrolab for stool testing and her gluten antibodies came very very high, even though her blood testing was negative. I removed gluten and dairy anyway.

It is interesting our doctor from Ottawa, very knowledgeable on food allergy, said watch for her ears, cheeks getting red and eyes itchy for food allergy. Apparently gluten sensitivity can increase ANA as well.

I remember two years ago her cheeks were red.

But I think antibiotic and transfer factor helped a lot as well..Nuket

Anonymous
    Participant

@mpw wrote:

Wonderful story. So happy for your child and her future.

May I ask where they did the Mycoplasma testing and what kind of virus it was that she had?

All her infection tested have been done in MDL.

They found Mycoplaysma pneumonia , this test is actually repeated in Dr.F office as well just to confirm the results and they come pretty close.

Nuket

mpw
    Participant

I hope I’m not being dense, but what is MDL?

Anonymous
    Participant

@mpw wrote:

I hope I’m not being dense, but what is MDL?

Sorry, my mistake. It is Medical Diagnostic Lab.

Warm regards,

Nuket

mpw
    Participant

Thank you.

zeljana
    Participant

[/quote]

What is transfer factor?

Anonymous
    Participant

@zeljana wrote:

What is transfer factor?[/quote]

Hi Zeljana,

I do not know the details but I kind of understand what it is after watching this clip:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYWcgL6tn0U

I hope it helps..Cheers..Nuket

zeljana
    Participant

Hi Nuket!

I have sent you a pm.

Zeljana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.