Home Forums General Discussion Jessica Update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Hello all:

Some of you know that I have been off line for the better part of the last few weeks as I attended Jessica's Conference Championships and NCAA Division II Nationals. 

Here is a link to a video of one of Jess' races at the Pacific Collegic Swimming Championships in Long Beach.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZCKDE_5GcI

Jess is the one swimming third, the butterfly leg of the relay.

She traveled to Canton Ohio last week to compete in NCAA DII Nationals.  She swam well and helped her team to a thrid place over all finish.  She came home with four trophies total. 

This week is finals week for Jess so she is more than a little stressed having missed a full week of school last week, and being exhausted from the competition and the cross-country travel.

After finals are over, Jess will begin an MCAT prep course and she is signed up to take the test in early June.  Med School Applications are due June 15th, this is going to be another crazy year for the Ferguson Family.

This summer, Jess has been selected to participate in the Amgen Summer Scholars program, she is very excited and honored to have been selected.

Bottom line, she is well enough to be doing all of this, we are very grateful!

Cheryl

Eva Holloway
    Participant

WOW, what a great report, I am so glad she is now able to do all these things and is getting ready for another load of classes. I have to admire Jess. She has accomplished so much in the last years. Here is a great report on what AP can do if you just hang in there.

Congratulation Jess and to Mom for sticking it out.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Wow Cheryl – another couple of ribbons for our AP poster child! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

That girl just blows me away!  I'm beaming over with pride and she's not even my daughter. :blush:

Please tell her “Team Jess” is behind her all the way. :blush:

kim

PetRescue
    Participant

Hi Cheryl-I recently read your daughters story here and in the Voices of Scleroderma.

It made my day! I have a story very similar to hers-we had the same bloodwork and symptoms and am starting AP therapy either next week or in the end of April when I see Dr. S.

I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind!

1. Was she also tested for Lyme? I understand these occur concurrently often, so I was just curious.

2. Is she still on a maintenance dose of antibiotic? Is she on any other meds?

3. Did her bloodwork return to normal?

Thank you so much for your help. I'm just trying to have hope and Jessica has been my angel today!!!

~jen

Char M
    Participant

Cheryl, that's awesome!!! Reconfirms my belief in choosing AP.

Char

dshoup
    Participant

Swimmers ROCK! I can't wait to get back to serious training myself. Congratulations to your daughter.

Parisa
    Participant

Hooray for our poster girl!

Conniel7777
    Participant

:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:

Cheryl,

SOOOO WONDERFUL! I am so happy for her, for you…  this is the greatest news! tell the future Doctor Jess to keep her eyes on the prize…

WOOO HOOOO!!!  

Connie   >^..^<

JBJBJB
    Participant

what an inspiration! It would be GREAT if she could be on “The Doctors' show”….

judy cash
    Participant

Cheryl,

Jess is something else, after all that she has been through. This makes me proud of her and I don't even know her. I have kept up with her progress, and I am sooooo glad she has come so far on her road back. The best too Jess and you Cheryl, for all that you have been through.

Judy

mschmidt
    Participant

So inspirational, Cheryl!  Thanks for sharing her continued success in all areas of life with us:D  Her RBF family is proud!

Maria

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Jessica Update’ is closed to new replies.