Home Forums General Discussion It’s been a few years

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kat0605
    Participant

I hope this message finds people well. I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I was a regular member 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter an experiencing debilitating symptoms. After much support from Maz, Lynn, and Calida (also over at Inspire), I found myself an LLMD and was treated for over a year. I went from severely depressed with Constant neuropathy, soft tissue pain, severed insomnia, raynauds, dry and mouth, to almost completely back to normal after a year on azithromycin (when pregnant) and minocycline +artemisinin. All of the talk of plaquenil + Azithromycin potentially being treatment for Covid-19 has made me think of you all and I thought I’d stop in and say hello.

I’m doing great- had my second baby in May- now have an almost 3 year girl and an almost 1 year old boy. My symptoms have settled back into baseline migraine + mild fibromyalgia that I have been dealing with for 10+ years largely with an Advil here and there and regular massage. No serious, debilitating issues like before. I’ve see some recent studies linking bad gut bacteria to fibromyalgia and I’m considering following up with a functional doc ( my LLMD switched practices and no longer takes my isnsurance) and doing a gut bacteria test. Has anyone explored the microbiome and it’s relationship with autoimmune disease? I find the research coming out these days fascinating!

Anyway, I can never thank the amazing volunteers at this place enough. You guys got me through the roughest point of my life. I hope everyone and their families are staying well through our current situation.

Symptoms started in 9/16 after 2 miscarriages, diagnosed with Lyme 4/17, Daughter born 6/17 (not breastfeeding). ANA negative by IFA as of 8/17, positive by ELISA with positive Anti-DSDNA antibodies the same month (false positive?). Symptoms that have come and gone include sicca and skin tightening and telangiactiasia. Currently dealing with migraines, arthralgia, morning stiffness, neuropathy, slight swelling, slightly elevated liver enzymes, and bubbly urine. Current protocol: minocycline 100 mg QID, azi

Maz
    Keymaster

Kat, it’s great to hear from you and that you’re now a mom of two healthy, bouncing babies! That’s the most precious news!

Yes, there does seem to be a gut component with autoimmunity. I was just talking with my integrative rheumy and he suggests the intermittent fasting method (with healthy foods) to reset immunity and mobilize T-regulatory cells. Some folks definitely note improvement in inflammatory markers by eliminating certain foods like dairy, gluten, starch, sugars, and/or nightshades. What may cause issues for one, may not help another.

Can I ask a couple small favors? Can you share your LLMD’s new address in a private message to me so I can update her contact info? Also, if you have a moment or two, would you kindly fill out the remission Story form (link below), as your story could be really helpful to someone else in the same boat?

Tell Us Your Story

Thanks so much, Kat! Love it when old-timers return for an update!

Spiffy1

Wow, thanks Kay! Congratulations on your beautiful family! Thank you for sharing!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Kat;
    I am still here and pop in every now and then.Doing just fine but getting old.Never expected to last 20 + years on AP.
    Hugs to you and family

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.