Home Forums General Discussion Is This A Herx Response?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi All –

RA symptoms started 4 years ago.  Attempted to work with supplements/diet to heal.

Disease Progressed and in Nov my RA MD started AP. 

I was on high dose advil for pain 2 every 6 hours – she gave me Cortef for the expected herx.

Didn't respond well to Cortef – felt it made me anxious – but Cortef let me lower the Advil significantly to 1 a day.Then went on a raw food diet – was off all Advil e in 1 week – no pain.  Had the doc switch to  Isocort from Cortef and stuck with mostly raw diet – 3 weeks later still no pain and no prescription meds.

On MWS 50 mg of Mino -(switched around a bit now sticking at 50)

Still having anxiety issues ( as now the hormones have kicked in – suspect Cortef contributed) Doc put me on Ativan for anxiety.

Diet mostly the same – some more cooked foods but no wheat,dairy, sugar.

Now starting back with the RA symptoms – especially pain in fingers, one knee – slightly more stiffness.

I never felt I had a “herx” throughout this time.  Keeping diet very clean no major changes here  only addition is the Ativan.  — or is this a herx?

I have had to resort to Advil again – usually just 1 or 2 a day – which is disheartening after the amazing turn around in January.  Still not as severe as before — but want to make certain I don't “relapse”.

Read the link on Herx – indicates they shouldn't last long – I'm on week 2.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Oh yes — also dropped 2 dress sizes with the raw food program – without exercise, as I've just recently started back walking again.

Many thanks for your response/support!

Mary

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ Is This A Herx Response?’ is closed to new replies.