Home Forums General Discussion Is the end to fibrosis near??

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by SK.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SK
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

Interesting article, SK! Just my inquisitive mind, but I’d love to know how the researchers “induced” the fibrosis for their study.

SK
    Participant

I believe they use bleomycin. That seems to be what I have read in a few articles. I also read the same in a different study that was done, where they induced mice with lung fibrosis via bleomycin, and after 14 days, gave them another medicine for 21 days and fibrosis was completely reversed… let me try to find that article..

SK
    Participant

This is for lung fibrosis in cancer, but I hope this gets developed as well. It seems a lot of attempts to cure lung fibrosis is being done. It can’t come fast enough.

https://www.uab.edu/news/research/item/12240-reversal-of-lung-fibrosis-in-mouse-model-suggests-a-novel-therapeutic-target-for-pulmonary-fibrosis

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing, SK. Interesting that bleomycin, a chemotherapeutic medication induces lung inflammation leading to fibrosis.

Have you seen this research?

Ciprofloxacin

SK
    Participant

Here is the bio company that picked up the MUSC team’s research.

https://ibioinc.com/therapeutics/ibio-100/

Maz
    Keymaster

🤞🤞🤞 and toes 🤞🤞🤞

SK
    Participant

I haven’t researched Bleomycin. I noticed after reading research, that seemed to be the drug they use to induce lung fibrosis. What is crazy to me is they know this. So why is it being used, period? I feel like in some medical communities, the doctors a more wide array of knowledge, and some of the drugs that get used doesn’t really get the “use with extreme caution” stamp much. For instance, a lot of rheumatic drugs all have horrific side effects, even cancers…. How is that allowed? How is that a viable option? Sorry for the rant, back to the subject. I sent an updated email to Dr Fegahli-Botswick about the enthusiasm that a lot of the Scleroderma community is having over her research that was shared on Facebook. I got an email reply from Dr Botswick again today. She said that it definitely inspires her to develop it. I think it lit a fire under her some today. I surely hope that it develops soon into a viable solution for Scleroderma. That would be great. If it reversed fibrosis in both skin and organs, that would be a near cure. Not sure what symptoms would be left.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.