Home Forums General Discussion Is heart disease contagious?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant
    TrustingGod
    Participant

So I know someone who has Crohn’s disease. Suddenly, her husband of a few years also developed it. It makes you wonder. Maybe certain diseases thought to be non-communicable are actually communicable.

Maz
    Keymaster

And more good reasons for minocycline users to be thankful!

Scientists solve the mystery of hardening arteries, and find solution in a common drug

bonnielou
    Keymaster

This is so interesting Maz. I just had a CAC test (coronary calcium test) this year and my score was ‘0’ — no coronary calcification. I wonder if 12 years of minocycline is the reason why ….

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Maz
    Keymaster

Bonnie, that’s wonderful! Considering heart disease is twice as common in RA, seems like this is more than sheer luck!

Spiffy1

Ok. My day has been made. This is just outstanding news. Thank you for sharing!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Calida
    Participant

Ah, all the more reason and need for speed to get my husband on mino. He’s had 2 heart attacks, one was the widow-maker, and bypass surgery.

I’ve often wondered if it all had to do with c.pneumoniae’s affinity for cardiac & vascular tissue. I believe mino is effective against c.pn. For those on mino, no c.pneumoniae means less attack on the vasculature, less collateral damage of massive cell death, less release of PAR, and less accumulation of LDL and calcium. I can’t help but wonder if my husband’s severe autoimmune issues are related to his cardiac history. I am now even more certain that mino can help both.

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Spiffy1

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Most interesting. That is a desirable side effect for sure.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.