Home Forums General Discussion Is anyone using AP with biologics?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

do you notice if any of those foods cause you pain though?

mariemcminn
    Participant

@gordbentley wrote:

do you notice if any of those foods cause you pain though?

Yes, all cause digestion issues (usually gas) but then later inflammation and pain. The worst ones for me are gluten, sugar, and egg. Also, corn, if I eat it on repeated days, gives me trouble. I keep my body alkaline and hydrated, which also means avoiding alcohol, coffee/caffeine (except for green tea, which I drink a lot of), and all sodas.

gordbentley
    Participant

did you know that one alcoholic beverage a day is beneficial for RA? it has been shown that those who drink moderatley experience less pain and stiffness throughout the day. especially those who drink red wine. there are many studies correlating with this. just google it

mariemcminn
    Participant

Yes, I like my wine, but unfortunately, I’m sensitive to the sulfites in it, so I limit it to once a week. (Today we celebrated with friends, so yes, I had some nice wine) Otherwise, I have to buy organic wine, which is okay. But thanks for the tip!

Marie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

re wine – I have the same issue with wine. It always causes me to have an inflammatory response and I think that is the sulphor dioxide also. I have recently bought an organic and preservative free wine that doesnt seem to affect me. (For the aussies it’s Temple Bruer). Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

re wine – I have the same issue with wine. It always causes me to have an inflammatory response and I think that is the sulphor dioxide also. I have recently bought an organic and preservative free wine that doesnt seem to affect me. (For the aussies it’s Temple Bruer). Lynnie

Thanks Lynnie ,, I miss my wine !!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

A very nice verdelho (something I have never before liked) and a Cabernet Merlot. Both good and full of fruit! 😉 I found them at Vintage Cellars. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

gordbentley
    Participant

mmmmmmmmmmmm, merlot. I love merlot 😀

maz.aust
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

A very nice verdelho (something I have never before liked) and a Cabernet Merlot. Both good and full of fruit! 😉 I found them at Vintage Cellars. Lynnie

Checked yesterday can buy both & the rest from DM’s about 15 min drive from me … yea !!!!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Rockin Annie
    Participant

@mariemcminn wrote:

I had a shot of Simponi (a biologic) In October 2009 with good results. So good that I didn’t need another one, and in April 2010, I went off all meds for four months, but then flared so bad I went back on Plaquanil only in August 2010. I’ve been on AP since mid-December 2010, and I know it’s too early to tell, but I’m wondering if another shot might slow down the damage that’s going on in my wrist right now while the AP takes over. Any thoughts or experiences along these lines?

Hi Marie,

Unfortuneatly joint erosion does happen when on AP only. I Went off Mtx and Orencia (Biologic) when I started the AP protocol in 2009, I have only just gone back onto Mtx last November because of wrist joint erosion and also cervical spine erosion and will be having major surgery to correct this ( I have no choice).

We are all very different, but I didn’t listen to my body and thought I could do with out the conventional meds, I know different now.

Good luck with what you decide………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.