Home Forums General Discussion Is anyone taking plaquinel and minocycline ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rosey UK
    Participant

Is anyone taking minocycline and hydroxychloroquine ?
    My GP said they can cause liver problems take together. And because my liver enzymes are normal now he was reluctant to prescribing minocycline.
    Thanks

Rosemary

JohnnyMax
    Participant

Take a look at this and contact her, she does

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9419&p=69280&hilit=minocycline+plaquenil#p69280

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Johnny Max
    Thank you so much for this link, I’ve read it all and she’s done great.
    I don’t know if my doc is being over cautious because of my liver being in a mess for such a long time. However I will talk to him again.
    Many thanks
    Rosemary

karyninMiami
    Participant

Hi Rosey,

I am taking both- started plaquinel 2 weeks ago and minocyclene in June. My knees have been excruciatingly painful and the shots (Efluxxa) which my Rhemmy has been giving me have not had any effect yet so the concern is the knee pain is not osteoarthritis but is instead, RA. Not giving up on the shots yet however- as it could take another few weeks to kick in but just in case, it did not seem to make sense to waste any time in the meanwhile in case it is RA. Also my hands have started to swell again- not sure what’s going on if it’s a flare or a reaction to my having had some wine or tomatoes or the Celebrex no longer working on the inflammation. In addition, I’m also taking milk thistle in the hope that it will protect my liver as I too am concerned about the effects of mixing the two – not to mention the Celebrex and tramadol (taking it for pain). Not at all happy to be on all these meds however.
    Maz was a great help when she advised that it’s ok to take both by the way- helped make my decision easier.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.