Home Forums General Discussion Is anyone experiencing Sweating?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    RevereRosie
    Participant

I know my menopause will never leave me but lately I have been sweating profusely mostly around dinner time each day. I also noticed that my bottom teeth are getting that gray look and I just was at the dentist in this past June for a cleaning. I only started my Mino in July, 2014. Back pain last night was intense……….adding to the pain in my left wrist…it then traveled up my arm on to my shoulders and now the left side of my back. I had to take some Ibroprofen in the middle of the night.

I have a scheduled appt. with my doctor this Monday and I’m curious if the sweating is caused by the daily Minocycline???

Maz
    Keymaster

@RevereRosie wrote:

I know my menopause will never leave me but lately I have been sweating profusely mostly around dinner time each day. I also noticed that my bottom teeth are getting that gray look and I just was at the dentist in this past June for a cleaning. I only started my Mino in July, 2014. Back pain last night was intense……….adding to the pain in my left wrist…it then traveled up my arm on to my shoulders and now the left side of my back. I had to take some Ibroprofen in the middle of the night.

I have a scheduled appt. with my doctor this Monday and I’m curious if the sweating is caused by the daily Minocycline???

Hi RevereRosie,

Minocycline doesn’t usually cause sweating unless one is herxing and experiencing the flu-like symptoms from die-off.

Noted you have been on Medrol, on and off. Are you taking it again or recently tapering off it? One of the side-effects of this drug is increased sweating:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6469/medrol-oral/details#side-effects

Might be worth checking side-effects of the other drugs you are taking. A good site for this is drugs.com

A full hormone panel is also worth doing to check status of thyroid, ovarian and adrenal hormones.

If no other cause can be found (e.g. diabetes or hyperthyroidism can also cause sweating), then it could be an infection in your mix…but worth ruling out other causes first.

richie
    Participant

Sweating is good for a person with scleroderma -indicates that your skin has not tightened –!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

richie
    Participant

Sounds more like RA than scleroderma –what scleroderma symptoms do you have —
    richie

zeljana
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

@RevereRosie wrote:

Hi RevereRosie,

Minocycline doesn’t usually cause sweating unless one is herxing and experiencing the flu-like symptoms from die-off.

Noted you have been on Medrol, on and off. Are you taking it again or recently tapering off it? One of the side-effects of this drug is increased sweating:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6469/medrol-oral/details#side-effects

Might be worth checking side-effects of the other drugs you are taking. A good site for this is drugs.com

A full hormone panel is also worth doing to check status of thyroid, ovarian and adrenal hormones.

If no other cause can be found (e.g. diabetes or hyperthyroidism can also cause sweating), then it could be an infection in your mix…but worth ruling out other causes first.

Hi!

My daughter is on Medrol too. She is taking it for a long time and now she is on 4 mg every other day. I would like to get her off of it but I know it takes time and it must be done slowly.

I have noticed that she is sweating a lot , especially on her head, since we have changed her AP.
    Maybe it is really Herx and it is working…

Zeljana

RevereRosie
    Participant

I’ve been off of Medrol for a few months now. I would think it is out of my system by now but of course, I’m not a doctor and do not know. I will inquire with my doctor on Monday.

Do people stay on the Mino protocol for years?

I’m still waiting to be pain free with the Mino protocol. I know I have to be patient but gosh, the pain is brutal and I can’t get comfortable in bed trying to sleep.

My Scleroderma symptoms are that the skin on my fingers are super tight that you can’t pinch the skin at all. I have the nodules inside the palms of my hand. Swollen feet and fingers.

Ritchie, I’m glad to hear that sweating is good for Scleroderma………..but I’m sweating profusely……….Yikes!

I was able to get into my complex’s pool today to exercise. The temperature outside was 94 degrees here in Florida, so the pool water felt like a bath. I prefer it to be cooler and more refreshing but I exercised nonetheless to try and help my issues.

I so very much appreciate everyones input, as I have been extremely concerned about my health after being diagnosed with RA/with overlapping Scleroderma. You guys are the best! It puts my mind at rest a bit when I get some positive response to my concerns.

lajc
    Participant

Hi Rosie,

Hang in there with the mino. I tossed and turned all night with leg pains when I was first diagnosed with SD. It took 7 months for my pain to subside. You are lucky if you are sweating as Richie has indicated . After 3 and 1/2 years on antibiotics I still have a lot of skin tightness and don’t sweat very much.

Laurie

Calida
    Participant

Hi RevereRosie

About 9 or 10 weeks after starting AP I felt beads of water running down my face, the back of my neck and down my back. It was beautiful! I hadn’t perspired in over a year, since the skin tightening and thickening started. I noticed short blonde hairs on my forearms and awoke to a shiny face. Not the shine of taut skin, the shine of oil glands up and running after about 18 months of dormancy. My dermatologist was thrilled, he’s a great supporter of my decision to use antibiotics, and said that the oil and sweat glands, as well as the hair follicles, have recovered from the SD damage. As uncomfortable as profuse sweating must feel, it means your skin is functioning and that is good for anyone with SD, as Richie said.

As far as menopause, that beast, it adds insult to injury for some of us. I tamed it when it first roared with compounded bio-identicals, very low dose. I plan to taper off the estradiol but stay with the progesterone for a while. I don’t have any symptoms.

You’re about 6 weeks into AP? I was miserable at 6 weeks with severe pain, swelling and a touch of depression. Every miserable issue came back with a vengeance. I thought I was mad for starting AP! Little by little, though, things get better. Keep the faith!

Feel better 🙂
    Cali

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Rosie;
    Is this not fun? hehehe.I remember about 13 years ago when my skin was softening that I was finally able to sweat again.I would have to lay an extra thick towel on the bed or I would soak through the sheet and 2 matress covers.The sweat would make my head itch like crazy and would wake up several times a night just because of the itching or just plain misery.It
    s a wonder that I was not dehydrated,Oufffff.I was soooo tired but had to get up and take a cool shower and rinse my hair.Naturally I would just crawl into bed with half dry hair and I think this dampness would start the whole process over again.This went on for over a year and if you had not mentioned this I would never have remembered it.Like having a baby,you forget about the pain.Honestly,I do not remember how bad things were unless somebody mentions something.
    Hang in kid,this too shall pass.The trick is to not go crazy getting there.

Anonymous
    Participant

ReverRosie,
    In March this year I asked others from the forum if Prednisone could cause a sweating. Today I take 1 mg of Prednisone, but I am also on a rather strict diet since January – no sugar, no dairy and no gluten. I think it was when I started my diet that I started also to sweat a lot. I was very, very strict with my diet that time. Then I noticed that it was happening after meals – 5-10 minutes later. I kept asking everyone at home “Is it hot?”. I couldn’t believe it was just me. I was scared that I was getting prednisone induced diabetes. I learnt about GI. Now it is less of that. I have introduced a little bit of sugar eg. a teaspoon of honey everyday and I think it has helped. Maybe after all our bodies need sugar.
    Linda L.

RevereRosie
    Participant

@lajc wrote:

Hi Rosie,

Hang in there with the mino. I tossed and turned all night with leg pains when I was first diagnosed with SD. It took 7 months for my pain to subside. You are lucky if you are sweating as Richie has indicated . After 3 and 1/2 years on antibiotics I still have a lot of skin tightness and don’t sweat very much.

Laurie

Wow, 7 months for the pain to subside. I guess I have a long way to go yet. I appreciate you input. Rosie

A Friend
    Participant

@RevereRosie wrote:

Edit:
    Rosie & Others,
    These two links about sweating can be helpful to have. Another link I didn’t include was a link about magnesium loss (when we’re not all that well, anyway), which can cause us to begin having “Charlie horses” in our calves and other muscle spasms! Been there! Had those! If you do a search using the words “Magnesium Deficiency+Dr Billie Sahlee”, there is a very informative article about this.

http://www.skincareguide.com/article/12-medications-that-cause-excessive-sweating.html

http://www.metagenics.com/products/health-categories/metabolic-detoxification
    Metabolic Detoxification
    Supporting the Body’s Ability to Cleanse*

[Excerpt]
    The Phases of Metabolic Detoxification

The body’s natural cleansing or filtering process primarily involves the liver, digestive tract, lungs, and kidneys. Unwanted or potentially hazardous compounds that are soluble in water are easily eliminated (e.g., stool, sweat, urine). But fat-soluble compounds require enzymes from the liver to help break them down into neutralized, water-soluble substances for transport to the kidneys or intestines for elimination. Individual detoxification capabilities vary. “Environmental overload” or lack of nutrients to fuel necessary detoxification activities may also prevent harmful, fat-soluble compounds from undergoing this transformation process. Over time, this may influence the way you feel.

End of Edit: — AF

Rosie,

The sweating you mention…. takes me back many years when I began a regimen by Dr. William Crook (a pediatric allergist by training, but also became a dedicated researcher trying to get his children patients well. He went on to write at least 12 books and established an International Health Foundation.

I had begun a recommended protocol to address an apparent yeast/fungal overgrowth that came about when I was repeatedly given medications that wiped out all the good flora — over two years time — and the doctor never mentioned I needed to replace the good flora by taking high dose probiotics. I would bet that most of us with chronic illness have overgrowths of unfriendly organisms (which is what was going on with myself, I’m sure, at that time).

Each night after I began Dr. Crook’s healthy new protocol, I would fall asleep, but wake up later with fever and chills, and my spouse would bring me ibuprofen and water. I’d take that, and then soon fall back asleep. Each morning I would wake up… damp all over from having “sweated” profusely, BUT feeling better and better every day. You may, or may not know, that between 2 and 3 am each night, our body’s metabolic detoxification system (if it has enough minerals and amino acids) detoxifies the liver, etc. I believe the ibuprofen in some way was assisting detoxification by inducing sweating.

So, remembering that — and I was improving every day as I continued the good things for what ailed me — I’m betting that your sweating may have to do with the die-off happening from your antibiotic… and if you are taking such as ibuprofen or something similar, the two may be working together in the way I described my own sweating experience.

Good luck to you… keep your eyes on the prize!!!

AF

RevereRosie
    Participant

Thank you for all the information.

I asked my doctor about my sweating the other day and he said the AP would not cause sweating. Yesterday, I ordered from Puritan, probiotics that Richie suggested PB8.

I do take Ibroprophen when the pain gets intense and my doctor said I can’t take that on a daily basis. My primary Care is an Internist, and he is the one who started me on the Minocycline, as the Rheumatologist he sent me to was just not working out for me giving me Medrol and all it did was make me vomit.

I appreciate the time you took to provide me with all the information. Rosie

A Friend
    Participant

@RevereRosie wrote:

Thank you for all the information.

I asked my doctor about my sweating the other day and he said the AP would not cause sweating. Yesterday, I ordered from Puritan, probiotics that Richie suggested PB8.

I do take Ibroprophen when the pain gets intense and my doctor said I can’t take that on a daily basis. My primary Care is an Internist, and he is the one who started me on the Minocycline, as the Rheumatologist he sent me to was just not working out for me giving me Medrol and all it did was make me vomit.

I appreciate the time you took to provide me with all the information. Rosie

Rosie, it’s now probably a year since you wrote the above reply, but just saw it again while doing a search for something. I hate to let even small “misunderstandings” remain, IF the meaning is not clear about it. I wasn’t stating that generally “Minocycline causes sweating.” What I experienced and was trying to explain, was how when we are on a new regimen that is addressing yeast/fungal/and other organisms, etc., during the night (every night) our bodies have a period of time when the body/liver regularly detoxify acidic wastes from the body … if it has the necessary minerals, glutathione, etc. needed to neutralize the acidic wastes and safely flush them out of the body through the kidneys. If our body does not have enough minerals to neutralize the acidic wastes, the body must then store the wastes … as far away from our major organs as possible, because acidic wastes can damage our kidneys which cannot repair themselves.

In early days of my own chronic illness (the time period I was sharing with you), when I had just begun a regimen of treatment using Dr. Wm Crook’s recommendations, each night while sleeping (during the time our body/liver does its detoxification) my temperature would elevate like a fever. My spouse would give me one ibuprofen, I’d fall asleep, and in the morning would awaken feeling so much better, and damp all over from perspiration (not unlike we do when we have flu/fever and take aspirin). I feel sure the sweating done then was part of the detoxing like our bodies do to cleanse themselves. Sweating can be one form of effective detoxification — such as done by far infrared sauna, etc. Your minocin may not cause sweating in your body, but if you develop die-off from it, your body sweating may be helpful for eliminating the toxic wastes stored in the body.

Some posters new to AP, detoxification, etc. may not have read about such as this before. If not, it might be one more bit of information to help explain how things sometime work to detox our bodies of what is making us sick.

Hope you are doing really well. Lots of things going on with my extended family. I’m rather erratic in my visits here these days.

AF

RevereRosie
    Participant

Dear AF,

I appreciate your response and I understand what you are sharing with me and others.

I still sweat more than I should be for some reason. My hands and feet are always freezing due to the Scleroderma but the rest of my body is still going thru post menopause and I was told it never leaves some women or being on the Mino is taking it to another uncomfortable level! Ugh. My doctor does not have answers to all my questions. Neither does my Dermatologist. He did tell me that he has another patient on mino and she developed a black mustashe! Oh my! I’d rather have it on my elbows! Of course, I haved it off.

I’ve been on Mino now for about 7 months. It took some time to kick in but the subtle changes have finally arrived and I can dress myself and do alot that I couldn’t do before. Yet, I still live in pain but it is not as intense. The sweating is still there and I just try to deal with it. I wish I could wear my rings but my chubby fingers won’t allow it. Considering having my rings resized as my doctor doesn’t think the swelling will ever go down. My feet are not swollen like they used to be.

I have some black and blue marks I never had before and dark hair growing near my elbow……that is weird and just last Friday, My Dermatologist took a biopsy of a lesion of some sort that has been on my right side for three years and he has seen it before and said it was nothing but the other day, it gave him concern. There was blood on my sheets from the night before. The area is right wear the side of my bra would hit. Now, I’m waiting for the results of the biopsy with my fingers crossed and tons of prayers! Hugs, Rosie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.