Home Forums General Discussion introduction

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    patchoulee
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself I started having symptoms of what they thought was RA, then Lupus in December of 2006.  The first week of December I developed a very bad bacterial infection which I was treated with 5 days of flagyl. Then two days after that ended I woke up with full blown joint pain. Since then my symptoms have progressed and I actually was just dx'd 3 hours ago with sjogrens now. Based on my dry eye and mouth etc. I still think I have this infection and that is what is causing all this I just can't get anyone in the medical field to listen to me:headbang::crying:.. So I am hoping through the roadback contacts to find a Doctor in Canada that I can travel to ( even if I have to take a personal loan out) to get some help with this.

Keep your fingers crossed for me ( providing that dosn't hurt) 😀

Angela

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Welcome, Angela:

It is possible that you have a ReA, and it could be similar to Reiter's Syndrome, albeit the chronic form of this is technically AS.  It is important to get tested for the HLA B27 antigen, if possible.

Flagyl can be very hard on some people, and the fact that you developed new symptoms after taking this drug could be more indicative of a digestive origin than anything else.

Good luck, whatever your ultimate diagnosis,
    John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ introduction’ is closed to new replies.