Home Forums General Discussion Interesting article about RA factor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

https://academic.oup.com/labmed/article-abstract/10/7/392/2640076/Rheumatoid-Factor-A-Review?redirectedFrom=PDF

I hope this will take you to the site. Unfortunately we only have access to the first page.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Spiffy,

Thanks for sharing. Yes, there is a study in the RA Mycoplasma Research section of this site that alludes to M. Pneumoniae and RF playing a role in the convalescent period of the infection:

Immunoglobulin M rheumatoid factor in patients with mycoplasmal pneumonia. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1986 Dec;134(6):1237-40.

In a study of blood sera from 20 patients with confirmed Mycoplasma pneumoniae and 4 patients with this infection, but without active pneumonia, researchers sought to discern if there was any relationship between IgM rheumatoid factor (IgM-RF) and IgG immune complex (IgG-IC) and the clinical aspects of this infection. The authors concluded that significant elevations of IgM-RF in the convalescent period might play a role in the recovery from this pneumonia, because active infection and exacerbations in disease activity were associated with lower levels in both IgM-RF and IgG-IC.

Pretty interesting, eh? One of those questions that I keep asking…is RF produced as a result of infection to aid in recovery from the infection or is it just an errant signaling mechanism post-infection useful only for diagnostic purposes? If the former, what sense does it make to suppress the immune system trying to recovery from such an infection?

Spiffy1

Yes, I do find this interesting. Sometimes I wonder if the RA Factor is your immune system’s way of trying to clean up the debris left behind from whatever is causing the destruction. This is why normal people can have up to 14. Just like they allow so much TPO with the thyroid. Something breaks down our tissues and our auto antibodies clean it up. So instead of seeing the RA Factor as my enemy maybe I should be appreciative of the clean up crew. This is just my non scientific hypothesis. But as the RA Factor goes down maybe it means not as much clean up is needed. Probably a crazy idea!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.