Home Forums General Discussion Insect brains 'are source of antibiotics' to fight MRSA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    spacehoppa
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

Ruth, thanks for sharing this intriguing article! They say there is a cure for everything in nature, but this really is something, eh? Ugh…cockroaches, who'd have thunk they'd have some purpose other than being a nasty pest! 😯 Studies like these really make me wonder if the cure for Lyme may one day be found in the darn tick that transmits it. Recently, they have discovered that borreliosis is able to manage to evade host immune surveillance using tick saliva…of course, this only helps with some understanding of the problem, but a nice anti-serum would be nice, huh?

Ruth, I watched your last 3 Youtubes today and I gotta tell ya girl…I was sobbing right along with you, but very glad to hear Dr. D. will still be seeing those patients who can travel to him in Newcastle. Whew, eh? How are those neutrophils doing now?

Peace, Maz

spacehoppa
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Yes, I found that article intriguing myself. It does beg the question 'how do the carriers of infection not get sick themselves?'. Seems so obvious once someone points it out. Let's hope their research comes to something.

Thanks for hanging in there with those videos Maz. They're getting less eventful as time goes on, so more boring to watch, but the less eventful the better I say!

Yes, fortunately my neutrophil count went back to normal the next month, although I did halve my minocycline intake in between blood tests, so that might have helped too.

I am a very happy bunny at the moment. Hopefully with Maria's probiotic suggestion and my sugar free diet (which has completely got rid of my gallbladder and acid reflux problems) I feel like I'm on the right track at last. Just those last few pesky steroids stand between me and true remission. Even my ulcerated tongue is improving!

How are you doing Maz? You help us all so much, but I don't know whether we've had an update from you lately? I hope you're well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Insect brains 'are source of antibiotics' to fight MRSA’ is closed to new replies.