Home Forums General Discussion Infected Root Canal Tooth

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

After my dental appointment yesterday I now have confirmation that my root canal tooth (from 6 years ago) is in fact infected. I’m not sure whether to be happy or sad about this!! I am curious if any of you have had an infected tooth removed and noticed it helped/cured your RA? I certainly can’t afford the $5,000 implant tooth and it is far enough back where you can’t see it if I smile. Considering strongly to have it pulled. What are y’alls thoughts on this??

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

A Friend
    Participant

@Airen wrote:

After my dental appointment yesterday I now have confirmation that my root canal tooth (from 6 years ago) is in fact infected. I’m not sure whether to be happy or sad about this!! I am curious if any of you have had an infected tooth removed and noticed it helped/cured your RA? I certainly can’t afford the $5,000 implant tooth and it is far enough back where you can’t see it if I smile. Considering strongly to have it pulled. What are y’alls thoughts on this??

Airen,
    I can certainly identify with your tooth problems, though I never had a root canal. Removal of four wisdom teeth many years ago set up the disease process in my own dental case.

Be cautioned about an implant, also. These can cause many problems. If you go to the top of the Bulletin Board here to the little Search window, and type in any dental words you want to read about on the Board, the posts should show up if they are there.

I have a collection of links/information on these dental subjects, if you don’t find information on any of them. There is much research and live patient information about this subject which has largely been submerged over the years. My former dentist 20 years ago experienced very traumatic illness from dental causes, learned what was going on, and was able to reverse the illness and get out of the wheelchair, and become an excellent holistic dentist.

AF

Airen
    Participant

Thanks, I did do a search and found many discussions and your links! I really am torn and don’t know what to do?! There is no guarantee it will help my RA! BUT why leave a known infection in your body?! Is there a special protocol for removing infected root canal teeth I need to be aware of? To be sure it is done correctly or all infection is removed properly? I have recently been experiencing TMJ issues over the last several months. RA doc says this is normal with RA. UGH! But I’m concerned it has to do with my infected tooth…my TMJ is on the same side as the infected tooth and so is the bulging lymph node…and my left elbow and my left knee…all connected??

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

cbnelson
    Participant

Hello Arien, just wanted to pass on my experience with dental health. I recently had 3 root canal teeth extracted, am in the process of removing amalgams, and cleaning cavitations. I personally believe it is connected to my RA. It may not be a quick fix, but everything we can do to allow our bodies to heal themselves is positive. It may help you to look up Hal Huggins and his research. I also know how difficult it is to get started. Praying for your best.
    Carol

enzed
    Participant

I would never have another root canal.

In 1999 I had to have surgery on my jaw from an infection that began under a capped tooth that had had a root canal done in 1978. The oral surgeon sawed into my jaw and sucked out pus from under the tooth in question. I was then on a huge dose of antibiotics for several weeks while the jaw healed. The stitches were self dissolving but I was on liquid food for a while as the gum was too painful for me to put food in my mouth.

A few years ago I was almost talked into a root canal for another tooth but remembered the surgery and told the dentist, just pull the tooth instead and give me a script for antibiotics to kill any infection that may be hanging around. He was very disapproving but did as I asked. I have had a total of 4 teeth pulled instead of opting for root canals. My health is now much better.

So no, never again for me.

In 1994, I had all my amalgam fillings replaced with composite fillings in the belief it would improve my health although it didn’t make any difference. It was the surgery that improved the way I was feeling.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.