Home Forums General Discussion ImmunoPro in Canada?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

Hi
    I have been a little reluctant to try ImmunoPro because of it being whey, but you have all talked me into it. However, I am having difficulty finding a source of it in Canada. There are a couple of US sites that say they will ship to Canada for a big price, but will not guarantee it would be allowed across the border. My questsion is–anyone have a good reasonably priced source of ImmunoPro in Canada? I don’t think it is available in stores. I know Immunocal is available here but it is quite pricey. Will do that if need be but thought I would ask as you are all so helpful! πŸ˜€
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

A Friend
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    I just did a search using the words: “ImmunoPro in Canada” , and the following site showed up. You may do a search and find others.

http://www.vitalityhealthfoods.ca/shop/product_view.asp?id=202079&StoreID=82AD302FF3BC462392AF235A2BDE84FC&private_product=0

AF

kater
    Participant

thanks AF. That is what I was coming up with too but it is a different product than the one I am looking for. I am looking for the non-denatured whey protein that everyone is raving about. I see we can get Immunocal here but it is 3 times the price of the Immunopro.
    thanks for thinking of me πŸ˜€ kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

A Friend
    Participant

@kater wrote:

thanks AF. That is what I was coming up with too but it is a different product than the one I am looking for. I am looking for the non-denatured whey protein that everyone is raving about. I see we can get Immunocal here but it is 3 times the price of the Immunopro.
    thanks for thinking of me πŸ˜€ kate

[Edit: Was added after the post below. Their quoted price for one ImmunoPro plus shipping is less than what I pay in the USA using “auto ship.” Am pasting the pricing info in a PM to you. The lady told me they’ve had no problems with it being delivered in Canada. ]

http://www.betterhealthinternational.com/productDetails.asp?prodID=WW0100
    Better Health International 1-800-772-5568

Kate,

Sorry I didn’t take the time to read it further… just saw it said ImmunoPro and “assumed” it was the same product. I’ve been using and ordering ImmunoPro for a number of months, and I feel the same way about making sure that is the one I get. I also used it for 6 months several years ago, with my AP physician’s encouragement. There’s a discussion on this board about ImmunoPro, and in it I discussed how I had a bad reaction to two abx and had to get off of them. It was at that time that I began using the ImmunoPro product for a high titre being treating. At the end of the 6 months (which the research had said had turned around a similar problem), my AP physician retested, and it was back in the normal range. I’m a believer. Also, I’ve especially learned over the past 6 months of reading about the necessity for and the benefits of amino acids, that this product contains substances that are helping me with some other pretty serious problems.

I’ll play detective, and see if we can’t find it in Canada, and at a decent price.

AF

kater
    Participant

Thanks AF! I ordered 2 bottles delivered to Canada for 73$ plus some duties I am sure. Hopefully the order will make it!
    I am working on my daughter’s health too–I think you have posted there for me too under Strep Connnection? Sorry I can’t keep track of it all. Anyway, the question I have is what are your thoughts on this product for people with dairy sensitivities? I have kept away from it in the past for this reason, though I don’t have any real dairy issues. She does however–not anaphylaxis or anything but it can trigger her migraines? Anyone have any thoughts on this product relating to dairy?
    Thanks for your help. You are AF indeed πŸ˜†
    kate

mary77
    Participant

I am including a link to Swanson’s Vitamins…they offer an undenatured whey protein that sounds interesting..just not sure if it is comparable to ImmunoPro. But is worth the read if you are interested in whey protein for its’ glutathione building properties.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/health-library/products/undenatured-whey-protein-powder-glutathione-precursor.html

Any comments on this product?

Mary

A Friend
    Participant

@kater wrote:

Thanks AF! I ordered 2 bottles delivered to Canada for 73$ plus some duties I am sure. Hopefully the order will make it!
    I am working on my daughter’s health too–I think you have posted there for me too under Strep Connnection? Sorry I can’t keep track of it all. Anyway, the question I have is what are your thoughts on this product for people with dairy sensitivities? I have kept away from it in the past for this reason, though I don’t have any real dairy issues. She does however–not anaphylaxis or anything but it can trigger her migraines? Anyone have any thoughts on this product relating to dairy?
    Thanks for your help. You are AF indeed πŸ˜†
    kate

EDIT…Here we go again… about sensitivities to cow’s milk, etc. … go to this link:
    http://www.allergyresearchgroup.com/ImmunoPro-Rx-300-grams-pwd-p-111.html

A little way down, below the list of contents of ImmunoPro, is information about how to begin taking nondenatured whey protein if you think you may be sensitive to it. It begins with ” More usage information,” and answers many questions that we may need and want to know.
    AF

Kate,
    About your question about this product for people with dairy sensitivities, will look around to see if that was discussed. I believe it was. I don’t have any real dairy issues either, but rarely drink cow’s milk. Based on what I’ve learned reading for many years, I don’t believe milk as we get it today is especially good for us. I keep cartons of Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened Almond Milk to use in mixing with the ImmunoPro, and get it at my health store and also at Drug Emporium in the health section. (The almond milk can be kept on a pantry shelf until opened. I store the current one I’m using in the fridge.) It may be available where you are. See http://www.AlmondBreeze.com

This whey protein drink needs to be drunk on an empty stomach. I drink it first thing in the morning, before eating anything. In a jar with a cover, I put about 4 to 5 ounces of almond milk, one scoop of ImmunoPro whey protein (scoop comes in the cannister), and use KAL brand powdered stevia (less than one of the tiny scoops inside the bottle — it’s the only stevia I’ve ever really liked the taste of. It looks expensive, but lasts for months, because you use so little of it). Don’t process this mixture at high speed, as this can damage the whey protein. After all the ingredients are in the jar, just shake it for about 10 to 15 seconds until mixed, and sip slowly, because much of the valuable nutrients are absorbed through the mucosal lining of the mouth.

There is a link I’ve posted before from ImmunoPro titled Whey Facts that tell a lot about it. If I find it, I’ll return and EDIT and paste it for you.

AF

PhilC
    Participant

Since this is a dairy product there’s no way I would be able to take it since I seem to be sensitive to cow’s milk. Aside from milk sensitivity, there’s another reason why this product may not be good for some people.

“ImmunoPro

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

mary77
    Participant

Phil.
    An interesting link! Have you been tested for porphyria problems? I find it fascinating that this issue could be confused with “herxing”….just curious if anyone has been tested for this.
    Mary

kater
    Participant

Thanks for the info AF and Phil. If she tries it I would do it very gingerly. I am sure it will be fine for me as I don’t seem to react to things too much. I have heard lots of good things about this product. The company had my order filled in an hour so we will see how long it takes to get here
    kate

Krys
    Participant

@kater wrote:

I am working on my daughter’s health too–…..what are your thoughts on this product for people with dairy sensitivities? I have kept away from it in the past for this reason, though I don’t have any real dairy issues. She does however–not anaphylaxis or anything but it can trigger her migraines? Anyone have any thoughts on this product relating to dairy?….

@kater wrote:

If she tries it I would do it very gingerly.
    kate

Kate, if she has severe milk allergy, do not give her ImmunoPro. It is just not worth it.

I read that severe milk allergy can cause damage to pancreatic cells responsible for production of insulin and also damage brain cells. Don’t remember whether it was the brain cells themselves or the myelin sheaths.
    I would have posted the above info earlier but in spite of searching, I cannot find the links that contained this information.
    Once I locate the link, I’ll add it to this post.

To me this info was crucial because even though I did not consider myself to have severe allergy (I used to have severe hives for 16 years of my life as a reaction to milk, strangely raw milk only, and eggs, both of which stopped when I turned 17 and stopped consuming milk and eggs and the allergy did not return later when I started eating regular amounts), when I started drinking huge amounts of raw goat’s kefir + big amount of ImmunoPro (3 scoops a day) I experienced herxing + pancreas pain and heat and slight pain within brain and some creepy-crawlies over the scalp and face. I experienced huge healing on many levels, truly amazing healing, but with my present pancreas problems I think the pancreas pain was not a herx and possibly brain heat was not a herx either.
    NAC and glutathione (both liposomal and therasomal) do not cause any adverse reaction for me. Not even a bit!

The above is not posted to scare you, just to say that in my opinion it is not worth the risk when the allergy is severe.
    Once the gut lining is healed, milk allergy usually subsides. A pity, as ImmunoPro helps heal the gut, too!
    Luckily there are still other ways to heal the gut!
    Krys

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi All;
    I just had a discussion with my fabulous AP/holistic doctor on this subject.She says not to touch any whey protein if you have dairy/beef sensitivity

kater
    Participant

Thanks Lynne and Krys
    I would not give her Immunopro in her present state–too much healing to do and she has a horrific abdominal migraine to any dairy. However……….. I got my Immunopro today from Better Health Intl. It was about 73$ including the shipping to Canada and then I had to pay 16$ in customs charges

yeah free trade! πŸ‘Ώ Anyway that is for two containers of it. Lots cheaper than Immunocal at 90$ a month. Will see what is does for me. Got to say to me it tastes awful. Just so cowlike and it is so interesting how I have lost my taste for dairy and sugar. Anyway, as they say, whatever it takes–and it is not worse than the psyillium with cloves πŸ™ My hands are feeling really good today–I have added so many things to the program I have no idea which things are helping–the new things this week were whole body vibration and acupuncture. I figure just do it all (and I feel so much for all of you who are so sensitive and have to do it so slowly) and figure it out at the healed end πŸ˜†
    so much appreciation for all of you here
    kate

Krys
    Participant

…it tastes awful. Just so cowlike …..it is not worse than the psyillium with cloves πŸ™
    …..whole body vibration and acupuncture. kate

So funny! πŸ˜† I am totally crazy about it!
    Why do you add cloves to psyllium? Cloves are very strongly anti-microbial and anti-parasitical and may cause OMG type of herx!!! If it is the warming effect you are after (abx have a very cooling effect, so warming herbs and spices can be a nice addition) sprinkle some cinnamon and cardamom, too! If you further add some vanilla, you may fool your taste buds that you are eating a dessert!
    What is whole body vibration?
    Warm wishes, Krys

kater
    Participant

Hi Krys
    yup that stuff tastes pretty bad to me. Reminds me of powdered milk when I was a kid. 😯 Good for you if you like it! I bought the psyillium from the naturopath and it has Red Hibiscus, Licorice Root and cloves added to it. It tastes better than Immunopro but just so slimy. It is a good blend for gut healing I think. The whole body vibration (WBV) is very popular now. It is supposed to stimulate all cells and muscles, strengthen bones, improve circulation, tone ya up and the like. My myofascial therapist thought it would be good for my SD to try to improve my circulation, and break up collagen. I got a one week free trial at a local gym that has these machines. You do some mild exercises while vibrating–30 secs a position. The whole work out is only 15 minutes. I was skeptical but when I got on yesterday I was having a Raynaud’s episode and in the first 30 sec session my hands were pink again! I have gone 3 times and already see some toning in my body–which works for me even if it isn’t helping the SD. I am going to try it a while longer and see how it goes. My energy is very good today. I even managed without a nap for the first time in a long time. πŸ˜› And there was sunshine today!! :geek: I am seeing the rheumy on the 13th and hoping to see some good things in my labs!
    kate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.