Home Forums General Discussion If this was your mom…….tick bite

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

My mom who lives in MS just informed me that she went to the doctor today to have an embedded tick removed from her left arm. She has lymphadema in that arm because of her lymph nodes being removed when she had her mastectomy. Her nodes were negative but it set her up for lymphadema. This arm gets easily infected…like even a paper cut. The nurse gave her only a ten day supply of doxycycline 100 Milligrams twice a day. I told her to please call her tomorrow and tell her that she needs no less than a 28 day supply.

My mom asked her if she could keep the tick but the nurse did not really understand and somehow the tick got thrown away so we no longer have it for testing. If this was your mother what would you do?

On a side note she has been taking a three month supply of cephalexin for another reason. There does not seem to be a contradiction in taking the two together.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

jasregadoo

I don’t know what I would do, since I have no experience with Lyme, but did the doctor give her a longer protocol? I guess if it were my mom, I would go on the roadback site and ask for a list of Lyme Literate doctors in her area, and see what they recommend.

mary77
    Participant

Having been infected and ill with Lyme for 37+ years (10 yrs no treatment or diagnosis), my recommendation is 28 days of doxycycline. The cephalexin might be helpful, but I would be cautious and take the doxy, also. Just my opinion but do speak from experience!

Spiffy1

She requested 30 full
    Days of doxycycline. She also can stay in her other antibiotic. I sure hope this will do it. Thank you for your responses.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.