Home Forums General Discussion Hyperpigmentation

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Good news Lynnie, I just notice in your signature line that you take Melatonin for sleep, I have tried to order from Vitacost, unfortunately they cannot ship to Aussie. Do you get it on script? Also noticed you are on Augmentum. Duo. what is that for? I usually take this when I am having a bad bout of bronchitis. Just interested as I might ask Dr D to start tweaking my abx………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie
    I have been using a rolling tweak of my protocol since my problems started to migrate into my hands and feet and I wasn’t able to visit. Have tried a few versions of the tweak and this last one seems to have started working. Augmentin Duo is a penicillin and has better tissue penetration (due to the potassium clavulate) than straight amoxycillin for instance. I only updated my signature today (have just got back from England) as I will stay on this version of the tweak until I can get down there. (Use of the penicillins for acute infection is different from use of them in an ongoing abx protocol. One of the cillins has been in my protocol since first seeing Dr D).

Melatonin I order online from Biovea. They have in various mgs – 1mg, 3 and 5mg. 3mg seems to work best for me. Brand is Eurovital.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie, we have just ordered the Melatonin, hope it works as I have heard very good reports about it, not for me for my hubby who has insomnia.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday travelling and the weather down there is not getting too hot for you, I know we are sweltering up here and all of a sudden too, thank goodness I have a pool………..thanks again…… Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Annie,
    @Rockin Annie wrote:

Thanks Lynnie, we have just ordered the Melatonin, hope it works as I have heard very good reports about it, not for me for my hubby who has insomnia.

Something to be aware of is that melatonin can give you insomnia if you take too much of it. I never take more than 0.3 mg (300 micrograms). Most of the melatonin pills being sold are actually much stronger than they need to be (at least for some people) — they would give me insomnia for sure. That’s why I recently purchased melatonin in liquid form so I’ll be able to control the dose better.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

m.
    Participant

Yes, recently I’ve noticed more options for low dose (300 mcg) melatonin products.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Thanks for that PHIL, I will make sure he does start at a low dose, I don’t want him any worse than he is now lol……..Annie

cavalier
    Participant

Some of the population that is prone to hyperpigementation can be due to Iron Storage Disease. And Mino can bring this forward and taking Vit C not only doesn’t work for them if they have HH or iron storage disease, could make it worse for some people .

A lot of Caucasians can be affected and it’s often not discussed by docs. There’s a list of symptoms but they can be attributed to other diseases or be vague. If one tests by saliva as being at risk genetically you can then do a TIBC test. The saliva test has been around since the mid 90’s. This is the link- http://hemochromatosisdna.com for anyone who has had hyperpigmentation issues even if they resolved with discontinued use it maybe well worth knowing as it can lead unchecked to further problems.

Jill

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.