Home Forums General Discussion humira help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dotsdaughter2
    Participant

I feel like I am getting worse, can I use Humeria with AP any info
    Have a great weekend
    /gerry

Maz
    Keymaster

@dotsdaughter2 wrote:

I feel like I am getting worse, can I use Humeria with AP any info
    Have a great weekend
    /gerry

Hi Gerry,

Yes, many people are already on traditional rheumatic DMARDs or the newer biologics when starting AP and, as per Dr. Trentham (now-retired rheumy who ran MIRA trials at Harvard), it is safe to use minocycline along with any of these, with no exceptions (in following article on main site, see under section entitled, “Recent Nuances.”):

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/508.html

Clearly minocycline can provide adjunctive therapy for RA. In other words, minocycline
    can be combined with any other available agent. There are no exceptions! Examples
    include Plaquenil, methotrexate, Arava, anti-TNF compounds like Enbrel & Humira
    and the new intravenous drug, abetacept (Orencia).
    Decreased doses of one or both
    agents may help to avoid gastrointestinal side effects. This regimen usually reflects
    a desire to obtain additional improvement or to gradually convert to the safer drug,
    minocycline. Examples include 1. Not having to increase the dose of methotrexate and
    2. By increasing the dose of minocycline additional improvement and /or stability may
    be gained. Perhaps use of two oral drugs might preclude the necessity for an injectable
    and more expensive drug. Obviously judging the net effect of either drug is difficult or
    impossible. The same impasse may arise if a clinical or laboratory side effect occurs.”

Gerry, are you working with an experienced AP doc? Just wondering if there is any way we can offer some support. Seem to recall that you were thinking of traveling to the radon mines. If so, would traveling to a really good AP doc may be in the cards, too?

dotsdaughter2
    Participant

You are one of the most kind people I had the pleasure to know, you always reply to someone when they need help.
    I am going to hold off on Humira, and I started to try Anatabloc and see what happens. Yes I do have a LLMD Dr. I ask her about it and she went on line and said try it there is nothing that can hurt you. I will keep you posted on the results.
    I wish you a wonderful day. I wish you would get your MD license, do you know everyone on this site would come to you.
    Gerry

Maz
    Keymaster

@dotsdaughter2 wrote:

I am going to hold off on Humira, and I started to try Anatabloc and see what happens. Yes I do have a LLMD Dr. I ask her about it and she went on line and said try it there is nothing that can hurt you. I will keep you posted on the results.

Yes, please let us know how the Anatabloc helps you. It’s pretty interesting that it’s made from plants in the nightshade family, because lots of folks here have a sensitivity to this food group, especially those with the spondylarthritides. Isn’t this a strange thing? Bee venom is poisonous, but bee keepers who get stung a lot don’t get arthritis – go figure!

Gerry, have you read anything about curcumin and its anti-TNF properties?

http://turmeric-curcumin.com/

“How may Curcumin work against arthritis?

Arthritis is also a proinflammatory disease. All current drugs approved for arthritis have anti-inflammatory activity. Anti-TNF (tumor necrosis factor) therapy has been approved for this disease. Curcumin has been shown to both suppress the TNF production, block the action of TNF, and have activity against arthritis. When inflammation is reduced, the added benefit is pain relief. A double-blind, crossover study showed that Curcumin may be effective in relieving pain and improvements in morning stiffness, walking time, and joint swelling.”

This isn’t a supplement I’d jump into without doing any research (needs to be bio-available), because it can cause massive herxing (as I found) and needs to be increased really slowly. However, according to innumerable studies I’ve been reading, curcumin has so many great props (anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, anti-funga/candidal, anti-viral, anti-TNF, etc), it’s hard to find an argument against using it.

Gerry, thanks for your kind words, but I just pass along info I’ve read. There’s really no skill involved in that. I do love people, though, and consider it a real gift to meet all the beautiful people here. 😀

Do we have your LLMD’s contact info, Gerry? Can’t remember if it’s Dr. M. or another lady LLMD? Would you send me a PM with her contact info, just so I can double-check we have her in our referral list? Thanks!!!

Hope you feel better soon, Gerry!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.