Home Forums General Discussion Humaworm and lyme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LAR362
    Participant

Hi all. I am being treated for lyme by a LLMD. I am considering doing a Humaworm parasite cleanse and am wondering if anyone else here w/ lyme has done it and if you stayed on abx while on it? Any advise or info will be appreciated! 😉

Maz
    Keymaster

@LAR362 wrote:

Hi all. I am being treated for lyme by a LLMD. I am considering doing a Humaworm parasite cleanse and am wondering if anyone else here w/ lyme has done it and if you stayed on abx while on it? Any advise or info will be appreciated! 😉

Hi Lar,

I’ve tried to start Humaworm twice now, but the herx was so bad on the recommended doses that I quit pretty swiftly, within a few days. Mind you, this was within a year or two of abx therapy and still in rough-ish shape. I was also in the midst of changing up my protocol during one attempt and realized I probably shouldn’t be upsetting the apple cart too much. Since then, I’ve been doing a lot of other anti-parasitic work with the clindamycin, ivermectin and liposomal artemisinin. Interestingly, the latter is a derivative of wormwood, which is one of the ingredients of Humaworm. My Dad was a veterinary surgeon and long before they had modern de-wormers and anti-parasitics, they used black walnut hull and wormwood for animal patients. When I talked to him about Humaworm, as it contains these ingredients, he just said to go easy with it, because these constituents can be a little toxic to the liver when used for longer periods (in pets, treatment is usually in short bursts). I guess for a normally healthy person, this isn’t an issue, but when on other anti-microbials that are being broken down by the liver, it can add extra stress. So, the ideal is probably to be off all other meds while doing Humaworm, but this isn’t always possible either.

Before I tried Humaworm, I wrote to the company and asked them whether the meds and supps I was taking at the time would be okay or contraindicated with it. They reassured me that minocycline and azithromycin were fine, but that I should stop the probiotics (the Humaworm has some anti-candida props anyway). So, my best suggestion would be to contact them from their website and ask if they could confirm similar for you, listing everything you are taking…but also to check with your LLMD to get the green light, too. If I’m recalling rightly, the Humaworm people took a day or two to respond to my email.

I think there are a few other folks here who have used Humaworm and, if you put it in the search box at the top of the Discussion Threads, you should also find a few past discussions on this topic.

Let us know how you fare…sending best wishes to you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.