Home Forums General Discussion How to take antibiotic combo?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

When you are taking 2 antibiotics the same day, how do you do it? same time, spaced?

Krys
    Participant

Hi Jan,
    I was never told by my doc to separate them so I’ve always taken together whatever was to be taken AM, and then again together whatever should be taken PM.

I’ve been on doxy/minocycline daily from the very beginning of AP. Since the second month of AP, there’s always been another abx (sometimes more than 1) taken together with doxy or mino.

If 2 different abx both disrupt P450 detoxification pathway in the liver, for me, the damage is done even if taken 1 day apart.
    Because I’m taking Diflucan (disrupts P450) daily now, I was switched from Azithromycin (disrupts P450) to Biaxin, and so far no problems.

I take all supps away from abx, at least by 2 hours.
    Sorry for putting too much information. It was “just in case” it could be useful to you.
    Krys

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Thanks Krys-

It is helpful.

Jan

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Jan
    You should check on a medication site about possible interactions between classes of abc. For instance the tetras should not be taken at the same time as the cillins as the cillin drugs will make the tetras less effective, even ineffective. There are other of my abx which doc advises not taking together, so best to check.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Lyn-
    Thanks for the response.
    I checked drugs.com for minocycline-keflex interaction and it says there is no interaction.

I’m taking the mino MWF and I’ll be on the Keflex 10 days daily.

Jan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.