Home Forums General Discussion How many have had Mono or Epstein Bar Virus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

If you look at the bottom of this bb page you will see a post done by John about
    Excellent Reading on How to Put Autoimmune Into Remission
    I set up a poll on an other site and wayyyyyy too many people have it.Remember that EBV is the cause of mono.You can have EBV without mono but not vice versa.
    If you have had either even as a child, just add your name as it would be interesting to see the numbers.

richie
    Participant

HI I didnt have EBV as a kid but I had rheumatic fever –I understand that too can be connected –
    richie

Amelia
    Participant

My son tested positive autoimmune in September 2010, he was 11. He became extremely fatigued and sick in June 2012 and tested positive for the Epstein Barr virus.

JohnnyMax
    Participant

I came about knowing I had EBV in the summer of 2012. I suddenly had extreme fatigue that lasted 2-3 days. Doc ran tests and showed positive for that, but not Mono. I was fine until around April-May 2013 when some inflammation in my hands and dry mouth started appearing, it’s like I went to bed fine and woke up the next morning with these symptoms.

Anonymous
    Participant

What is it Mono? Thank you,
    Linda L.

Anonymous
    Participant

I was diagnosed with JRA when I was 14 or 15. I had mono at 16 but I had it for a while, I kept telling my doctor I thought I had it cuz I couldn’t stay awake in class. He blew it off as boredom and it was much later I was finally tested for it. In fact I felt better by the time I was diagnosed

Dawn
    Participant

I had a 3 year total-exhaustion period with no medical insurance and a minimum wage job. Suspected EBV but never tested.
    Dawn 😯

DawnF

sunny22
    Participant

Hi Lynne ,
    I have mono , ebv, hhv6( sixths disease), cmv and cant remember if there was another. I’m reading the new ” why cant i get better ” book by Horowitz, MD and he says that many lyme patients present with the above listed viruses. Interesting.

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

My husband had mono in ’87 which is when he felt “it” all began.

DX: Bacterial (mycoplasm) infection
    AP: Began June 2015
    Clindomycin IV 900 mg-every 3 months for 5 days
    Minocycline 100 mg MWF am and pm
    Flagyl 500 mg 2 x day for 3 days in a row every month
    Symptoms: Since approximately 1997-Extreme fatigue, (Intermittent: muscle weakness, stiffness, brain fog, lack of stamina)
    Supplements: Vit. C 3000 mg, Vitamin D 5000 IU every other day and 10,000 on remaining days, Vitamin B complex, Fish Oil 1000 mg 2 x day

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

My husband and I just started IV protocol. On my second day I spoke to a woman that has been battling the same thing (mycoplasm infection). She made the remark that around 1987 she had contracted hepatitis and mono.

DX: Bacterial (mycoplasm) infection
    AP: Began June 2015
    Clindomycin IV 900 mg-every 3 months for 5 days
    Minocycline 100 mg MWF am and pm
    Flagyl 500 mg 2 x day for 3 days in a row every month
    Symptoms: Since approximately 1997-Extreme fatigue, (Intermittent: muscle weakness, stiffness, brain fog, lack of stamina)
    Supplements: Vit. C 3000 mg, Vitamin D 5000 IU every other day and 10,000 on remaining days, Vitamin B complex, Fish Oil 1000 mg 2 x day

emmaline
    Participant

I remember having Mono in High School (20 years ago), and I had Strep-B when I was pregnant, 4 years ago.

Boris
    Participant

hi, I had mono as a teenager. It appears that the research has linked scleroderma to mono/ebv, lyme, heavy metals, genetics. I tested high for heavy metals. And recently I have tested positive for 1 band for lyme, which I will pursue a little further.

Cathlo
    Participant

Epstein Bar showed up in my blood only a year before I started getting raised RF/symptoms. I never knowingly had it as a child…

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

frhorngal
    Participant

I was in semi-remission for 2.5 years when I contracted a kidney infection and EBV- been in a steady decline since and am back to where I started. Restarted my AB protocol this week and am praying it’s not too late.

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

Steven
    Participant

There are 7 billion people on the planet.

95% are infected with EBV.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.